“Kind of dissapointed for the first time”
Review of Metropolitan Grill

Metropolitan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here for dinner for a post-valentines getaway in Seattle. Unfortunately, we were swayed by the description of one of the specials and we both ordered a NY steak topped with crab. The steak was described as being cut in such a way that would eliminate the gristle but when we received our steaks we both had quite a bit and it was simply not enjoyable. The salads were excellent and my baked potato was yummy but my husband's twice baked potato looked like it had been baked several times and was quite dry. My wine glass was also chipped. I made all of this known to the waitress who offered us a free dessert but we were full and had made other plans for dessert so we declined, They did comp our salads which was helpful. I will stick to a filet or medallions or something of that sort next time we go. ;+(

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We reallly were looking forward to a great steak. We looked up which places were rated high, el gauchos was higher rated, but was fully booked till late. Here we could come, place was packed so we were lucky. Got a ok spot and were served okish. The steak wasnt medium rare but well done snd wasnt warm anymore...yes we should have complained, but a good gentle evening after a hard working week is also nice. The spinach was over the top, all in cream znd covered with tooo much cheese. No this isnt my favorite steahouse in seattle, i will need to look further

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Terrible service! For a bunch of dudes walking around in butchers jackets they sure carry a lot of attitude. The food was mediocre. I have no problem with paying that much if its great food, but more importantly, if the staff actually cared about the customers.
Seattle is such a great city, there are FAR better places to dine.

2  Thank VanCritik
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Expensive, but probably the best steak I've ever eaten. Nice atmosphere and good surroundings, just glad I wasn't footing the bill!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Steaks were pretty good, but not great. It's a nice room, fancy, swank. Very expensive. JaK's has much better steaks and is a better place overall. No need to return if I'm paying (and I was!)

Been to Metropolitan Grill? Share your experiences!