“Fantastic meal”

Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Victoria, Canada
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Two of us visited Le Pichet in February 2014. The food was amazing and the service was stellar. I had a salad to start and the duck as an entree. My husband had the nightly special appetizer - short ribs - and the duck for his entree as well. A truly French experience in Seattle. That said, if you're looking for quiet or intimate, you won't find it here. This is bistro dining - close quarters, loud, happy conversation and delicious food.

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
Calgary
“Atmosphere plus...”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Sit at the zinc bar for a feeling of a Paris getaway without leaving town!

Tried the Alton Brown feted Raclette. It was tasy but not "one of the best things I ever ate". next time I'll go for the roast chicken.

Great spot!

Visited March 2014
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A Taste of France Near Pike Place Market”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were fortunate enough to have Le Pichet recommended by a local we sat next to at Zig Zag Cafe during happy hour. She said it was one of her favorite places, so with no plans we decided to give it a try. The simple room was not crowded at all on a Wednesday night and we were greeted and seated immediately. There are a number of French wines available by the bottle and the glass, as well as some cocktails from the small bar. We opted for the whole roasted chicken with wild nettle puree and roasted vegetables. Because that takes an hour to prepare we were able to enjoy our cocktails at a leisurely pace along with a nice baguette and butter and the simple green salad with a hazelnut vinaigrette. At $6 for half a head of tender Boston lettuce it was a steal. As was the chicken. The bird was perfectly tender and flavorful, enhanced by the sauce and the vegetables. It may have been a tad over-salted, but was delicious. We were too full to order dessert, but the meal ended with two house-made caramels.

It's easy to see why Le Pichet has been around for almost 15 years. They clearly love what they're doing and provide a relaxing atmosphere in which to enjoy expertly prepared food.

• Visited March 2014
“Favorite Restraurant in Seattle”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I adore Le Pichet. I've been there for special occasions, casual lunches with friends, and I've eaten by myself at the bar. The fare is rustic French. The food is always delicious and the staff are so friendly. I ask for a wine recommendation when I go - I haven't been disappointed yet.

• Visited February 2014
munkysmum
“We Always Go Back”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We go to Le Pichet every time we are in Seattle. Exquisite, simple French food in a lively cafe atmosphere. The food is delicious, the wine list is wonderful, and their signature chocolate chaud is one of my favorite desserts ever. Warm, thick chocolate, not sweet, in one bowl. Whipped cream, not sweet, in another. So simple and delicious. It is rare to find chocolate that is not oversweetened. This is perfection.

• Visited January 2014