“So-So French Place”

Le Pichet
Ranked #86 of 4,094 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-So French Place”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to this little bistro with my boyfriend thinking it would be romantic while we were staying in Seattle. We made reservations for two at 8pm and when we got there they sat us at a four person table with another couple which I found very uncomfortable. There is a difference between being close to the table next to you and being at the same table and having absolutely no privacy at all. I was ready to leave when my boyfriend kindly asked to be seated at a different (quieter) table. Once we were moved I was feeling better about the place. I ordered the steak and frites. I ordered the steak medium-rare and it came out rare. I didn't bother sending it back because I was starving. The green beans were undercooked but nicely seasoned. My boyfriend had the wild boar sausage which was very good. The service was okay, not fabulous. Overall it was a cute place and had some good food, some not so good food. I don't think I would go again but it was a good go.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Morgan N

• Indonesian first
Greeley, Colorado
“Great French Fare... But you Better Fit In”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food is Great. As authentic as you might find, without having to jump through a lot of hoops or getting a small loan. No Michelin Stars here, but reasonable and worthy. Management seems effective and friendly, but staff is aloof. "Regulars" get the attention. Try not to look like a visitor/tourist... it might pay off.
And Don't be afraid to try something that you've never had... "Palate Expansion" is easy to do here

Visited June 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Pluses and minuses”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a dinner reservation for 5 at 7 p.m. Somehow, they reserved the table closest to kitchen/restroom that was bordered by a railing separating the dining area from the bar area. Subsequently, staff and patrons had to squeeze between railing and my chair to get to kitchen/restroom. Staff did so without imposing. Patrons bumped me on several occasions, making my dining experience less than enjoyable.

Adding to the discomfort of being bumped was the proximity to the kitchen. While it might have been an advantage on a cold night to have the added warmth, it was uncomfortably warm in July. So much for making a reservation.

The food made the evening much more pleasant. The felafel and fruit plate was excellent, as was the bread. We had the chef select an assorted plate of meats for us and all were delicious. Especially memorable were the pate and tongue.

The salad was a generous half head of lettuce with a great dressing. There was enough for all 5 of us to have a good portion.

After enjoying appetizers with our wine, entrees arrived. i had the puff pastry (dinner special) that featured a fabulous brown gravy and plenty of veggies. Delicious! Others had salmon and trout. Everyone was pleased as the food was all delicious. Entree portions were geared for the smaller appetite, so having appetizers was a very good idea.

We decided to try the only gluten free option they had for dessert. It was a tangerine-anise sorbet. We all sampled. No one continued after their first taste. This was not a great pairing of flavors to any of us.

Food was excellent. Service was good. Best advice is--Don't be sitting in the aisle if they put You at that table near the kitchen and the railing.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, WA
“Bistro Fare Extraordinaire!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It is about time I offered a review of Le Pichet, a restaurant that my spouse and I really love.

The charcuterie and cheese plates here are worth a visit all by themselves. Be adventurous and allow the restaurant to pick your selections...you won't regret doing so. The roast chicken for two has become justly legendary. Roasted to absolute perfection, moist with golden crispy skin. It is cooked to order and takes an hour, so settle in and enjoy some wine and charcuterie as your bird roasts. But there is far more here than the chicken. On my last visit I thoroughly enjoyed a beautifully seared trout, seasoned to perfection, and accompanied with a fantastic salad. Entrees are quite affordable, running mostly a little under $20.

Our server was able to recommend an affordable white Bordeaux that perfectly complimented our entrees, as well as an excellent brandy to finish out the meal. I love their rendition of the classic French 75 cocktail, and thankfully they offer the much better brandy-based version alongside the more common gin recipe.

Le Pichet is small and it can get loud, but somehow that just adds to it's bistro authenticity. We've enjoyed having a meal seated at the bar as well as at the tables. In Summer you can often have a sidewalk table as well.

Le Pichet is a little treasure.

• Visited July 2013
seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner the best”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love the dinner here.The endive salad was amazing. Elegant and right downtown. Breakfast was ok, basically baked eggs and ham.A good choice in a pinch

Visited December 2012

Been to Le Pichet? Share your experiences!