“Disappointed”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We love French food, and were delighted to find this French restaurant in the area where we were staying. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed. My husband was happy to see that they had Ricard Patisse, which is very hard to find in the states, but when it was served, it was literally one tablespoon. It was so small that the person next to us at the bar commented, "Is that just a sample?" I ordered raclette, which was supposed to come with either meats or vegetables (the waitress didn't ask, and it came with meats, although I would have preferred vegetables); the cheese was served in a side dish, and quickly became a old, rubbery glob.

1  Thank NEKVT
There are newer reviews for Le Pichet

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a dinner at la Pichet
Onion soup great blinis also exept not enough filling
Main course raclette served with supermarket ham and onions

Skirt steak main was cooked as requested but tough with little sauce and loads of fies

Glasses of wine were meagre

I asked for a third glass of the excellent pinot noir but it never came

Overall: don't bother, there are plenty of better eats in the area

2  Thank Jewel D
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fans of classic French Cafe food will love the menu. There is a wonderful baked egg dish here that is delicious.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I reserved at table for 6pm and on arrival found that we were seated one table away from a couple with a small child. I told the host that we were not happy being seated near a small child and that if the child began to act up, we would leave immediately. The host was not thrilled with my pronouncement and he stated that they cannot refuse service to diners with children.

About a half an hour later the couple got up to leave (the child had been quiet) and the husband came over to our table to complained to us about having "disrespected" him and his wife. I explained that if I am spending $100 in a restaurant, I want to be sure it does not double for a day care center with the attendant screaming of babies and whining of small toddlers. He continued to upbraid me and my wife. The host did nothing at all to intervene and finally the fellow departed with his wife and child. By that time, my wife and I were no longer in much of a mood for dining but we decided to stay. We began to give the waitress our order and my wife made a simple request to substitute a vegetable item on her main dish. The waitress rather gruffly refused (even given the problem with the family earlier) at which time we asked for the bill for the glasses wine we had already ordered and had mostly finished. After paying, we then left in search of a place where diners with small children do not mistake higher end restaurants for extensions of their own family rooms and kitchens.

The theme of small children in restaurants seems to be a recurring one throughout the US even in some of the more expensive venues. The sense of entitlement on the part of these parents is overwhelming and unfortunately is supported by restaurateurs who think "family friendly" means to the parents "do anything you want". If you, as a paying diner complain, you are made to be the "bad guy".

There is no way I would return to Le Pichet.

1  Thank Voyageur10
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a fantastic evening here. Dined here with 3 friends and we all loved it. Service was great, food was fantastic, and was well priced and good sized portioned! I had the special (pheasant) and it was amazing!
make a reservation as the place is small and popular ( they turned away a lot of people).
I'll go back there for sure.