“Viola!”

Le Pichet
Ranked #87 of 4,096 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Redmond, Washington
“Viola!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A delightful experience! It has the quaint atmosphere, friendly staff and excellent food to prove that this is worthy of waiting for a table. Make a reservation if you can - or just stop in and sit at the bar for dessert. It's worth a visit...don't pass it up.

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Lovely ambience, ok food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Made a reservation for 9:15 pm on being advised of a busy Saturday evening. Arrived at 9:30 to a restaurant about half full. No problem being seated with room to spare. Our simple meal consisted of green salad, Lyonnaise onion soup and a small charcuterie selection. The salad was fresh, and dressed with a light vinaigrette. The soup was extremely salty. I don't know if this is the 'style'. The charcuterie plate, which I enjoyed was made up of pork rillette, pate and another sausage. Bread was provided when we were seated, but not replenished. The wine was adequate. Our server suggested a burgundy which was served in a demi pichet; fittingly evocative of a rustic French bistro.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“delicious french cafe”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

we met some friends on a visit from portland, and we began with 2 mint teas, a latte, and hot water with lemon. foodwise, 2 of us had alrady had breakfast, but the other 2 had chicken liver patee with a sourdough bagette, and a chocolate chip croissant. all were delicious, and the server was efficient and friendly.

Kirkland, Washington
“Makes Me Want to Start Speaking French!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A friend of mine invited me to lunch at "her favorite French restaurant", so off we went before wandering through Pike Place Market. We arrived around noon to a packed house and waited about 15 minutes for a table to open. One did open by the front window so it was almost like being on the sidewalk in Paris. It is a small restaurant, but incredible. In the summer they do have 4 tables outside. The menu was filled with traditional French food and they offer a variety of house specials, salads, onion soup, meats, and cheese boards, desserts etc. I had the ham and cheese baguette sandwich with a side dish of olives and my friend had the three endive salad with toasted pecans and the best french fries ever! For dessert I had the hot chocolate which is the house special and my friend had the rice pudding. Both of our meals were magnificent, and the French bread served before the meal was delicious. I should have written this yesterday when I was stuffed as I now want to be at this restaurant trying the soup, and other dishes! Everything I saw being served looked really inviting! As for the staff, they were a total delight and made us feel so welcome. Our server was very friendly, fun, and extremely attentive. I can't wait to share this restaurant with my husband. A bouquet of gorgeous tulips from the market completed this perfect day. This restaurant is definitely on my return list!

Seattle
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had read about the famous roasted chicken and how it is worth the hour long wait. We decided to pay for the chicken a few hours ahead of time so that it would be ready thirty minutes after our reservation time. While waiting for it, we had the endive salad, which was tasty with the nuts. My husband and I shared this with plenty of room for the chicken. When it arrived, we were quite surprised at how large the portion was--it could have easily fed three, maybe even four! It was juicy and tender but a bit too salty. Not sure if it's always this salty. The vegetables on the side and the sauce were all very delicious, and if the chicken wasn't so salty, I think we would have eaten more.

The host had a bit of an attitude, not toward us but toward other diners, which we didn't like. Our server was fine but we got a bit frustrated because she either wasn't aware that the chicken had been paid in advance or if she just forgot when she brought the bill to us. Figuring things out took another five minutes (thank goodness I brought my receipt with me!).

Le Pichet has good food but I am not sure if their staff is well-educated enough about customer service. Our server was fine but the host and the server serving the table next to us were borderline rude. It's disappointing when you see bad attitude like this at a restaurant that serves pretty good food.

The homemade caramel at the end was a sweet touch!