“Good seafood”

Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good seafood”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

As I love seafood, this was a fantastic experience! My wife took a chicken (not the best). Service was very good, a local draft beer fantastic and the view of the market at night was nice.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Houston
“Small place with big favors!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just had dinner there last night and our entire table of 6 loved their meals! I would definitely make reservations and was glad we did as it is small and every table was filled.
We started with the charcuterie and cheese plate of the day. If you like blood sausage, chicken liver mousse, tete du cochon (pigs cheek pâté) then get this now!!!! Incredible!!!!!
The cheese plate had several accompanying times like sesame nibs to go with one cheese and a peanut butter file date to go with another. My husband and I split the two plates as appetizers. I would also spend the $4 and get the bread dish. The most fat drenched butter ever!!!!!! With a sprinkle of sea salt and warn sourdough slices. Yum!
My son (14 years old) started with the beef carpaccio and loved it. My daughter (11) devoured the foie gras.
My father began with the grilled romaine which he loved and my mom had the sautéed calamari but she said it needed more salt.
Three of us ordered the scallop entree. 3 huge scallops perfectly sautéed on top of an onion purée and garlic sauces along with bacon lard. My son had the strip loin and ate it all up. My daughter had theseafood stew and it was huge.
Husband ate the salmon. All of the plates were cleaned.
Dessert is good too. They make ice cream and sorbet in house. Kids had the strawberry bread pudding with almond ice cream and caramel sauce.
The local wines were excellent! Had a bottle of the Tranche Pinot Gris and a glass of the Washington rose.
Would definitely go again!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Good food in a great location”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Matt's was a very respectable meal. The burratta appetizer was awesome. Wines were a bit overpriced but the had a nice selection to choose from. We had the halibut which was good but not great. The chicken dish was a nice size portion and savory. The location is classic overlooking Lake Washington and the Pikes Street Market.

• Visited August 2013
“Perfect ending to our trip to Seattle.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and we were lucky enough to walk in and get a seat at their small bar. The burrata appetizer is to die for! My halibut was good...not great. Coffee pot de creme was a tasty dessert. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Seattle. It was a lovely way to end our trip to Seattle!

London, United Kingdom
“Really impressed with Matt's!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A huge thanks to the staff at Matt's in the Market! We were delayed getting in to Seattle and screeched in to the restaurant at 10pm when they would normally be closing the kitchen (our reservation was for 7pm), yet they still accommodated us and prepared us a sensational meal! We were not hurried at all and not made to feel like they were closing down around us - lounging and relaxing seems to be encouraged. The downside of going so late is that they are likely to be out of some dishes, because they purchase their food fresh every day, but even so, I think this is a restaurant where you can order anything from the menu and be thrilled. The portions are generous and the style of food is more home cooking / pub-style in that respect, but the ingredients are so superbly fresh and each dish is prepared with a little flare and twist that you won't have had anywhere else, making it flavourful and signature to Matt's. It has a lovely view over the famous Pike Place Market sign / clock and out past the ferris wheel to the bay. I would really recommend Matt's for an intimate dinner. Superb!