“Excellent Lunch with a Great View of Pike Market”

Matt's in the Market
Ranked #66 of 4,096 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent Lunch with a Great View of Pike Market”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Matt's in the Market came highly recommended to us and we weren't steered wrong! The menu isn't huge but the food is delightful. We ordered the chips & dip as an appetizer and it was AMAZING. I had the pulled pork sandwich which was excellent and my husband had the halibut sandwich, which he thought was excellent. We had a great view of the public market during lunch and service was great. Its not huge so I HIGHLY recommend get reservations. We got lucky because we got there right as it opened.

• Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“Yum! And great atmosphere to boot!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to Matt's on the recommendation of a friend. We did not have a reservation but were able to make one upon arrival and chose to roam around the market for the 45 minutes until our reservation time.
The restaurant is very cozy - it has a real independent restaurant and fine food kind of feel, if that makes sense! Get a table by the windows as the view looks down on the market and out to the water.
We shared the catfish sandwich...it was delicious. The bread was incredible, the fish cooked just right (corn meal fried), a yummy salad on the side. It hit the spot!
The staff was helpful and friendly. Don't miss this spot! It's a great way to relax after the hustle and bustle of the market!

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife chose this place off of trip advisor. We ordered the grilled octopus as an appetizer. I was expecting strips of octopus, but it was an entire octopus from the neck down that had been plopped on the grill. I am not the biggest octopus fan, and the form it came in was slightly intimidating, but I enjoyed it. For entrees, my wife got the cod with a corn sauce or somethings along those lines. The fish was cooked properly, and the corn sauce or soup or whatever was very good. I ordered the salmon. I like the actual salmon, but the rest of it was ok. It took away from the salmon in my opinion. Overall, a very good meal, and we left satisfied.

Anchorage, AK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eating Right”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had read about Matt's in the Market and were excited to try it. We almost didn't go because we had been snacking all afternoon at the Mariner's game. Didn't matter. The service, the sommelier, the food portions, the cuisine were all magical. Having local food prepped perfectly and served slowly in casual courses gave us an eating experience we will not forget. We split an arugula and Dungeness crab salad, then enjoyed the burrata plate, which included fresh figs, pickled rhubarb, and more arugula. Divine. We finished with the clams which must include a side order of bread to soak up the broth. Matt's is a dining experience on all levels. (The view of Pike's Place Market and Puget Sound didn't hurt!)

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Matt's in the Market is Fabulous”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Matt's on July 3rd, 2013. I had the halibut that came with a corn broth that was poured over the halibut at the table. It was delicious and the best halibut I have ever tasted - perfectly cooked. My husband had the 1/2 chicken with a poultry jus that was to die for - my husband soaked the last bits of jus with his spoon - It's that good. The place is small and we didn't have reservations but there was seating at the bar - I would recommend reservations though as I'm sure it can get very busy on the weekends. Friendly staff and good service. Wish I lived in Seattle as I would be going back for more.

1 Thank SandersonTravels

Been to Matt's in the Market? Share your experiences!