“Best lunch I've had in a long time”

Matt's in the Market
Ranked #52 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st. Ave.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hints: Make Reservations - and - go for lunch to save $$. Yes you pay for the location to an extent, but you have to admit the views and iconic Pike Place market makes for a great setting. A few coworkers and I decided to finally check out Matt's for lunch, and we were not disappointed. We all agreed that it was the best lunch that we have had in a long time. The best sandwiches on the menu (from what we could gather) are the lamb burger, catfish, and halibut. I personally loved the spice and crispiness of the catfish sandwich, definitely comparable to what I've had in the best southern diners. The lamb burger looked insanely good. I am definitely planning on going back to try it sometime soon. Lunches are about $14-$16, which is pretty average for a downtown sit-down lunch of that quality. I would recommend, especially for visitors!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a morning of walking around Pike Place market with my wife we decided to try Matt's ... What a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a fine dinning experience. With the views of the market. First-class food. First-class staff. First-class restaurant. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service was friendly and knowledgable, the restaurant was lovely with an open kitchen and nice views of the Pike Place Market. The food was all excellent; in particular the charcuterie plate was a standout. I would definitely return for another great dinner.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Booked Matts based on reviews and it did lived up to its well earned reputation. The food is locally sourced and imaginative use of local ingredients complement each dish. The food is fresh and very tasty. Yes,it's expensive(over 200dollars for 2for dinner), but its worth every cent due to the quality and excellent service. My table overlooked the market sign and it was a good spot for some people watching. If you want a special treat, give Matts a call

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A friend recommended this has his favorite restaurant in all of Seattle. While I don't know about that, it certainly was a great experience. The location is great and with a good table, you can watch the activity of the Fish Market below while you eat. Very nice.

I had a haddock sandwich for lunch which was one of the best pieces of fish on a bun that I have ever had. A local brew helped to round out the meal.

The menu is pretty small, but you will certainly find something here that you will like a lot.

Been to Matt's in the Market? Share your experiences!