“Excellent service and food”
Review of Tulio Ristorante

Tulio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tulio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 4,300 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring
Transit: 4th and Seneca BUS and 3rd and Union LIGHT RAIL
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Tulio is cozy and comfortable without feeling crowded. The menu is filled with local food options, and for a downtown hotel restaurant, is reasonably priced (most entrees are in the $20-$30 range). There is a bar in the restaurant, too, with a nice wine list.

Douglass L, General Manager at Tulio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate you as our guest and are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere- check
Staff- check
Feel-check
Wine list-check

Pasta- not so much.

Good restaurant with great atmosphere and service. It you want a good Italian wine list they seem to have one. If your hankering for pasta they just don't for the bill and unfortunately we were.

I needed up settling for Rib Eye which was good. My wife ordered special of the day which was Salmon. She thought it was amazing. No complaints except depth of menu. Food was good. Service was amazing.

Douglass L, General Manager at Tulio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your comments. I am very our pasta menu was a disappointment. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Service very good and classic old dining room. Wine selection good but seemed overpriced.
Food seemed very heavy, I like more finesse. Larger than necessary portions.

I especially disliked the lamb, too charred on the outside. Cooked inside exactly as ordered. Sweet potato gnocchi too heavy and oven baked. Not enough gorgonzola sauce. My wives clams on pasta very good, very large.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your feedback and take it to heart in an effort to improve. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your food. We would love to have you back - please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We had been to Tulio's once before (2005) and remembered it fondly. But this visit was something special. It was my husband's birthday so James, our waiter was extra attentive and just a delight! He made sure everything was perfect and even bought my husband's dessert. The food was sublime. I had a fresh halibut grilled and served with cabbage, zucchini, and tiny sweet onions in a superb sauce. My appetizer was the sweet potato gnocchi. I can't even say how wonderful they were! Delicious doesn't do it! My husband had the grilled whole bass (the name escapes me) and it was incredible. He still raves about it. He had the mussels in Sicilian broth. He had to have extra bread so he could get every drop! We asked James what to have for dessert so he chose for us. I had the dessert special: it had a raspberry mousse-like base with a paisley swirl of lemon curd in one side of the dish. Again I'm not sure of the name of my husband's dessert but it was half frozen something. Both were totally yummy. Great cups of coffee finished off the magnificent meal. We, also, had very good wine & enjoyed perusing their large selection. Perfect birthday dinner.

Thank you so much for choosing Tulio for your husbands birthday! James is a great guy - thanks for recognizing him. We are looking forward to serving you again. Cheers!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

There aren't many places like Tulio in Seattle. Chef Walter is the best! The menu is wonderful and the food amazing. Our first time in, I found Bacalhau on the menu and about fell off my chair. I'm from the Azores and that is one of our staples! It was incredible. My husband isn't usually a fan of trying new things, however, once he tried this he was a fan. He makes a tomato jam to go with it over a slice of crusty bread. The salmon ravioli is to die for, it melts in your mouth. We now celebrate all special occasions at Tulio. Also, let me mention the service, it is perfect, not intrusive, but just right. I never felt like someone was hovering or trying to get us out the door. This is Italian fine dining at it's best!

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We feel the same way, but we might be a bit biased. Walter is flattered and appreciative of your nice comments. Can't wait to see you again. Cheers!