“Whole Branzino and margherita pizza heaven”
Review of Tulio Ristorante

Tulio Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tulio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring
Transit: 4th and Seneca BUS and 3rd and Union LIGHT RAIL
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Those were two of the stellar dishes we ordered - extra "sauce" on the pizza which really translated into extra crushed tomatoes - San Marzano I'm pretty sure at that.

We are in the bar and it's just a very cozy atmosphere there and in the entire restaurant. Very comforting with great wines by the glass (Italian, local) and great service with two exceptions.

First, we were HOPING they had a pizza there because we were getting a hankering for one after some of the other great dishes we had. But our bartender failed to show us the bar/pizza menu so we only found out when we accidentally discovered the wood burning oven!

Second, the filtering of the Branzino was, well, sloppy...many bones, cheek, fins left behind for us to discover. Otherwise delicious.

Douglass L, General Manager at Tulio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Greetings! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate your patronage to our restaurant and hope to see you on many more occasions! So happy to hear you ordered the Branzino – indeed it is delicious! Sorry – it does get a little messy! Next time we will make sure you get the proper bar/pizza menu – my apologies. Cheers!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Traveling alone on business I sat at the bar for dinner. From my seat I had to put up with the banter of the wait-staff complaining about their tables. There was a mix up with my order, delaying it by 15 or 20 minutes. Rather than apologize, the bartender (server) gave some flip response. The food that showed up was very good, but I was not really in the mood to enjoy it. It seems like a nice restaurant, and I'll likely give it another shot.

Greetings! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am terribly disappointed with your experience at Tulio. I am so sorry for the food arriving late & for the staff not handling this situation in a professional manner (or the banter). Please let me know when you are coming back to Seattle – we would love for the opportunity to make this right. I am truly sorry!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We needed an intimate and private space for a quarterly corporate meeting and I am so glad we picked this spot! Planning with the Private Dining coordinator Mallory was a breeze. The food we ordered was amazing, the staff person working our meeting- David was attentive but not hovering. All of our attendees loved the boutique feel of the space.
It was an overall great experience and I am looking forward to using the space again.

Douglass L, General Manager at Tulio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad you had a nice experience in our private dining space. Mallory is a gem! We look forward to serving you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went one night for drinks, one night for dinner and one night just for desert. The service here is exceptional - attentive without being cloying. Atmosphere is akin to a bistro in Rome. Nice that you can sit outside and people watch or enjoy the cozy yet vibrant atmosphere inside. The pasta dishes were perfectly cooked and the sauces flavorful without being heavy (Pumpkin Malfatti had a nice balance of sweet & savory). Desserts are decadent yet well-balanced (not cloyingly sweet). Cocktails are interesting and well-made - bartenders are fun to converse with.
All three nights the place was busy - popular for all the right reasons - so if you are in Seattle and enjoy good Italian food do not hesitate to try this place!

Douglass L, General Manager at Tulio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thanks so much! We love that you got to experience Tulio on three different nights. Looking forward to serving you soon. Cheers!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The food taste great and the portions were perfect. Enjoyed speaking with the staff. We didn't make reservations in advance, but were lucky to be seated fairly quickly. Will definitely return!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We were honored to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.