“Unexpected Find”
Review of Maximilien

Maximilien
Ranked #92 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Pike Street and 1st Avenue
OK
“Unexpected Find”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had just toured the Columbia Tower and walked down the the market area to find some dinner. It was our travel day and we were famished. Maximilien provided just what we needed. We sat on the patio overlooking the water. They just started their own herb garden on the roof/patio. We didn't even know the food was mostly a french influence when we walked in, but it proved delightful and yummy. We loved many appetizers and cocktails. Hit the spot.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
“After years of failed attempts...”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

..it was well worth the wait.

My GF and I had made a few different attempts to dine here, and for whatever reason something always came up. Sometimes it was the restaurant (to be clear those were occasions when we just stopped in without reservations), and sometimes it was us (change of plans, whatever).

On this occasion a dear friend was in town and wanted to take us out to dinner to celebrate my GF graduation. Reservations made, kept, and oh boy...

We got lucky in that U of W graduation fell on a perfect Seattle spring day, so we were able to dine outside from the deck, which overlooks Puget Sound. As we took in the sunset we all went on and on about just how perfect everything was (and I don't even particularly care for dining outdoors).

We all had various iterations of Duck and Foie Gras, and each bite from each plate was better than the previous one. We literally dined from all three plates with glee as we enjoyed the culinary pleasure orgy!!

As you can imagine (at least if you are familiar with fine dining) a place like this can be relatively expensive. I cannot be certain since i did not pay, but I caught a glimpse of the check and I do believe we made it out for less than $100/head, including alcohol, tax and tip. I would say that was a very good to excellent value for the dining experience and quality of meal we received.

From the delicious warm bread and butter to start with, to the excellent wine pairings to the exquisite meals themselves, it was a simply amazing fine dining experience - we highly recommend!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We took a lucky left as I like to call them, and saw the sign for Maximilien's resturant as we walked into Pike Place. We arrived a bit late and everything was closing down, but as I stated lucky left. The place is small but quaint with an amazing view from the patio. We were waited on right away and selected the Sea Scallops for dinner with French onion soup.
The soup was hot and fresh with rich broth, just enough cheese and crouton topping. Then came dinner, I love scallops but these were the best I have ever tasted. They were braised and in a very light sauce, along with snap peas, carrots and blinis.
if you get a chance stop here I can't imagine the rest of the menu wasn't just as good!

Malaga, Spain
“It was OK, but not special”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food was OK, but not special. The prices were a bit high for what it was. We ere on the terrace and as the sun went down it got rather cool and they did not have any terrace heaters. Not bad but we would not return.

• Visited May 2013
Medina, Wa
“Lovely meal, gorgeous setting, fantastic food - and oh, the service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have eaten several times at Maximilien, located in Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. We have never been disappointed. I'm adding a review this time because the gorgeous sunny (and rare) June evening on their deck was perfectly enhanced by great oysters (the gremolata was subtle and perfect for the plump oysters), well-prepared halibut, and a crème brûlée magnifique. Our waiter was subtle but entertaining, prompt with everything, and added to the experience in a way I appreciate so much in an era of "Are you still working on that?" style. Not to be missed, a great Seattle experience. We understand the owners are opening a new restaurant on Capitol Hill in the next few weeks. Given the consistency of Maximilien over the years, we can't wait to try the new spot.

1 Thank Christine C