“Fantastic pastries and coffee!”
Review of Le Panier

Le Panier
Ranked #3 of 108 Bakeries in Seattle
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The mocha was not too sweet - it was a perfect pairing of espresso and high-quality chocolate; the cappuccino was delicious; the almond croissant was flaky and flavorful; the meringue cookies, which come in several flavors, were perfect! They are light and airy sandwich cookies, crispy on the outside and soft/chewy on the inside, with sweet, creamy filling in the middle. We had breakfast two days in a row here, and both times, everything was delicious. Long lines. Good luck finding a table or a spot to stand.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped here after a walking tour of the city to rehydrate/snack away from the throngs. If you like people watching, sit at the long bar in the window to see the wildlife that is Pike Place during tourist season.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

When I arrived, I was quickly assisted by employees behind the counter. I only needed one thing, but was asked if I wanted anything else, which was tempting. It made me wish I had additional days to patronize them more and try their pastries.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a lovely bakery and the staff was very nice. That said, the baguette and croissant that we got both lacked in flavor. The baguette was well prepared with the requisite shattering crust and lots of air holes. But it didn't taste like anything. I make a lot of baguettes and have my own wood-fired oven so I'm not a novice on this topic. Both my husband and I feel like a good croissant should taste plenty buttery on its own but this croissant seemed like it would benefit from some added butter. However, if you don't bake yourself I think you will really enjoy this place.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food once we got it. The customers inside were rude. Everyone is bumping into everyone one else. Food was good though. The entire party places an order with a staff member. They ring you up at the register and take your coffee order then. It was worth the nonsense of waiting in line for the bread and coffee.