“Average but not great”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Calgary, Canada
“Average but not great”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love me a buttery, flaky pastry and was really looking forward to my pain au chocolat which was good. No complaints.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank jameus

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Texas
“Very good croissants and pastries.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Grabbed coffee and pastries at the beginning of our day and found this to be a great choice. Friendly, helpful service. Good coffee. Quality French bakery goods.

1 Thank Hawk34
Princeton, New Jersey
“It's Just A Bakery, Guys”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't understand why all the top charts on TripAdvisor for every big city are usually saturated with bakeries. Like, come on guys! This place didn't even have any quiches or breakfast sandwiches to offer when I went there, which was a let down. The only savory thing they had to offer was a puff pastry stuffed with various things. We got one of each: tomato, white sauce with mushrooms, broccoli, and cheese. Each were good in their own right, but not especially delicious. I didn't try the sweets, so I can't speak for that. But really does everyone here have such a sweet tooth that any amount of sugar merits a 5/5?

You can't beat the location, right in middle of Pike's Market. The seating is mostly communal, with a long high top table and a bar along the window to look out onto the commotion of the market. I found the place a bit messy... Crumbs were everywhere and everything was slightly sticky. It wasn't for lack of trying though, they had someone sweeping and wiping the entire time but it was just impossible to keep up with the traffic. And even I, a meticulously clean eater, couldn't help leave a little crumb ring so I can only imagine the damage all the kids in there could do. The service was fast and friendly.

If you're in the area and want a pastry, it's not bad. (Especially since the original Starbucks just a few shops down doesn't have a food counter). But I wouldn't go out of my way to eat breakfast or a special snack there.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CostalCruiser
Seattle
“A must when visiting Pike Place Market”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is on the road in front of Pike Place Market near Beecher's Cheese Shop. Wonderful baked goods and European style goodies and coffee drinks. Good place to sit and relax after walking the market and surrounding areas. Quite busy however and on weekends usually a line to order.

Visited September 2012
“My favorite place in Seattle”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I visited Seattle for my first time over Valentines weekend. It's was, by far, my favorite place we went. I've been to Paris twice and I absolutely love their cafes. This reminded me so much if being in Paris. The line was always out the door. But don't worry, it's well worth waiting in line and it does go by in 10-15 mins. The Pain au chocolat was to die for. My husband has a boring taste in food and is not adventurous as I am. He ordered a plain sandwich on a French roll with ham and butter. I was like gross, you're boring...until I had a bite. Oh my gosh, who knew something so plain could taste so amazing. We loved this place so much we went back to eat there the next day!!!