“Nice seafood restaurant with a view of the ship canal”
Review of Ponti Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Ponti Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Nickerson
Transit: Metro Buses #26, 28: Fremont / N 34th Stop; #17, 31: Nickerson
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had not been to Ponti's in about 15 years. Same location and, as far as I remember, it has not changed that much. I returned because of a Groupon, and having a Groupon makes the visit worthwhile, otherwise I would say it is rather expensive for what is served.

I came here with my son because we could not access our kitchen as a result of remodeling. We both had different preparations of cod. Mine had chanterelles, which is why I chose it, and was quite good, though a little on the salty side. I would say that the portion size was perhaps a little on the small side. Not so much the fish, as the accompanying vegetables and mushrooms. My son thought his alderwood smoked cod was good enough, though perhaps not as good as the seafood he ate at Seastar. For desert he had a moelleux au chocolat, which reminded him of a very rich brownie, and I had a nice sorbet assortment.

All in all a pleasant restaurant with a nice view but pricey without a Groupon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My partner insisted that while we were in Seattle we were going to do more than sample the seafood in Pikes Market - and we had several recommendations but this one suited us best. The service was OUTSTANDING and the Salmon I had was cooked just as it should be, no complaints from us here and I am really picky about seafood having been reaised on the Chesapeake Bay - I mean what else can I say - besides the good food this resturant is QUIET - remember the day when you could actually talk to the person at the table with you and UNDERSTAND every word because the room did not sound like a gaggle of geese - well this took us back - noticed that some folks seem to think it is dated - well maybe so but I LIKE IT!! So maybe I am too.

3  Thank fireman452
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If you want to enjoy the great view that Ponti offers, order a glass of wine, sit on the patio, and munch on some bread. Don't order food. Don't do it. It's horrible!!! And the service was equally laughable. It was clear that they were trying but just coming up short. We all had fish that was over salted. This is Seattle, you can get excellent, high quality seafood easily. The food left me wondering if the fish is local or farmed, frozen, and shipped to them. Scallops were also clearly previously frozen. There are better restaurants out there - skip Ponti!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I enjoyed the Northwest Chanterelle and Lobster Mushroom Risotto while my cousin ordered a signature dish--Thai Curry Penne. I also ordered a side dish of seasonal vegetables. We started our meal off with a pomegranate martini (delish). Our meals were served at precisely the right temperature and artfully presented. My seasonal vegetables were grilled cherry tomatoes, green sprouting broccoli and pattypan squash cooked to perfection! We skipped dessert and settled on a Tawney Port as we watched the crew rowers and ships pass by a stone's throw from our table. The whole restaurant is oriented towards the water and it makes for a pleasant way to spend a gorgeous evening in Seattle.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Everything about the evening was perfect! It is "spendy" - but in this case, the old saying of "you get what you pay for" is right on track. Service, food, ambience, this place has it all !!!