“A classy place to go for a nice dinner”
Review of Ponti Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Ponti Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Nickerson
Transit: Metro Buses #26, 28: Fremont / N 34th Stop; #17, 31: Nickerson
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My dad used to take me to Ponti's on special occasions. In the summer we would sit out on the patio that looks out over Montlake Cut (the body of water that runs between Puget Sound and Lake Union). It's a beautiful place to sit in the evenings, and it was special being taken there by my dad. The food is very good, and the service has always been excellent. This would be a great place to go on a date.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

A consistently great place to dine on the water in Fremont. I am still recalling the delicious King Salmon I had there on Valentine's Day.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were hoping for excellent seafood and steaks, but were sorely disappointed with Ponti. The service was extremely slow, the food was unremarkable, and the atmosphere was just okay. Best part of the meal was the wine and the dessert. I would not recommend this restaurant if you're searching for a special night out, as we were. There are far too many other options in Seattle for much better dining.

1  Thank Winter_Grrl
Reviewed January 25, 2013

While this was my first time dining at Ponti, I had high expectations for the seafood given the restaurant's reputation. So, I was surprised when my grilled Alaskan sockeye salmon fillet arrived very overcooked, and our server never asked how our dinners were after the six of us got our entrees. I would have considered sending it back, and I never do that. Hated to spend $21 on this modest-sized plate and not enjoy a fine piece of wild salmon, perfectly prepared. My dessert, however - the custard trio - was excellent, especially the espresso pot-de-creme. The ambience is lovely -- all cozy and candlelit -- and the view overlooking the ship canal by the Fremont Bridge is of course a highlight. I'd give Ponti a second chance, but I hope tonight's dinner isn't indicative of their overall fare -- it was pretty mediocre.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked a table for four for a Birthday dinner. Upon entry we were bombarded with noise from a 'dinner' for 60 people which were all seated in the main dining area. I mentioned to the hostess that I hoped we wouldn't be seated next to this rowdy crowd, to which she responded with an assured 'no'.
Relieved we were shown to an area off the bar which looked like an afterthought or poorly constructed addition. The paint was peeling, the windows were grimey or fogged, not sure which, and a table of shoddily dressed young people with chains, baggy jeans, ball caps etc. sat right behind us. They were quiet enough, but honestly, we were 'dressed' and to be seated next to a group like this was slightly off putting.
I asked the waitress if we could have a nicer table in another room and she said she liked the room we were in and it was probably the nicest area in the whole place. There was no table cloth, no candles as I recall...I felt like I was sitting in a cheap bar, not a dining room.
Sorry but ambience for me is essential when celebrating a Birthday dinner which I clearly indicated when I made the reservation.
The dinner was OK, not fabulous. I ordered the Bouillabaisse which was again just OK. Not amazing.
I came away with a feeling of disappointment and not gratification, so if people really think this is fine dining (as indicated by many of these reviews) I guess they haven't experienced much.