“skimpy servings during 3 courses for 28$”
Review of Ponti Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Ponti Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Nickerson
Transit: Metro Buses #26, 28: Fremont / N 34th Stop; #17, 31: Nickerson
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm usually a fan of PONTI. So when 2 friends suggested eating there during the 3 courses for $28 I quickly agreed. 7 mussels and one was empty. They were good, but looked lost in huge bowl. Then 3 scallops! medium sized, not huge, very tasty, but again lost of an enormous plate and seemed CHEAP. Dessert was plentiful & good (chessecake, sorbets). Our friend who ordered sea bass didn't feel cheated, so perhaps there was a shortage of scallops. The upperback room is a little dull, which may have impacted our experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

During Seattle Restaurant Week we dined at Ponti's on the Ship Canal. The chef impressed me with a very fine menu to select from. The calamari appetizer--outstanding combination of unique flavors. Each of us ordered a different entree' with varying results. Everything was very tasty--the scampi linguini, the braised lamb shank, the bouillabaisse, the scallops--and attractively presented. The portions on the soup and scallops left those diners a bit hungry, though. Desserts were another WoW! My lemon tart knocked me over with delicious lemony sweetness; the trio of custards not only looked luscious, but also tasted equally fine. And the sorbet trio, yummy and large. For a whole Ponti's disappointed me, but no longer. I'm going back.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband thought we'd try some place we'd not been before. We love seafood, and looked at reviews from a lot of resturaunts.this one had only a couple of reviews , but their menu sounded really good. When we got there there wasn't any parking at the resturaunt that wasn't valet parking.. So we had to park 2 blocks down the street. Ot was a really nice place, much smaller than I had expected. We ordered and had very good service. But when we received our dinners the food was not good. My husbands salmon was very bland. And my Chantrell abd Lobster risotto was very sticky with not much in the way of Lobster or mushrooms. It was very expensive for what you got also. We were hoping for something really special, and that isn't what we got.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The main restaurant features excellent fish and a very nice wine list. It has a wonderful view, tucked away alongside the Ship Canal, so in the summer you see a parade of boats going by. There's also the much less expensive bar area, which has a side room with seating where kids are permitted (ask the staff to take you there if you have kids, since they can't go through the bar). The bar has happy hours with terrific specials in the afternoon and then again late. There's outdoor seating right along.above the water in the summer. (The "Ship Canal" is in effect a man-made river connecting Lake Union to Puget Sound; you almost never see ships, but a stream of pleasure boats, kayaks, rowing shells, and such.)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Located along Seattle's ship canal, Ponti has nice outdoor dining (watch the boats go past) along with a quiet, pleasant indoor area. I had King salmon and my spouse had roasted chicken. Sides of Risotto. Nice Calif. chard. Unlike another reviewer, the Risotto was outstanding (great flavor, properly cooked). I asked that the salmon be on the rare side, and it was. Just perfect. The chicken had nice crackling skin and juicy inside. Service was good except that the server forgot our app so we sat around too long for our first course. (A couple next to us came long after us but was served before us). We thought that because of this hard to forgive error that we might get a dessert or at least our coffee comped. But no.

The dessert (a cheesecake ) was described as having what sounded like a great topping, but there was only a little on the side. Not worth eating.

The prices were very decent. The wine was more than the food. Not a place for kids. A comfortable place for a lingering dinner and quiet enough for conversation. For the two of us, the table was too small to handle all of our food because of relatively large serving plates.

It had been a year or so since we ate at Ponti, and it seems consistent;. Will go again when we are in the area. (With 1 bottle of wine and shared sides and desert, around $150 for two).