“Outstanding regional American cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of 5 Spot

5 Spot
Ranked #174 of 4,137 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
London and Hanoi
“Outstanding regional American cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was taken to 5 Spot by friends who've lived over 20 years in Seattle. It is a busy, noisy and relaxed place, with a large TV sports screen over the bar. As we walked in I thought 'uh-oh, sports bar' and expected to find only mediocre food - but how wrong I was. I had the daily special - Alaskan skin-on sock-eye salmon in a New Mexican red chilli rub, with tomatillo salad, Spanish rice and a cilantro and lime glaze. This was without doubt the best meal I have eaten in Seattle. The salmon was perfectly cooked (not overcooked, like everywhere else I have had it in Seattle) and the flavours perfectly balanced. Meanwhile my friends' meals - New York beef brisket and the steam clams respectively - were also great. When I come back to Seattle, I will definitely come back to 5 Spot.

• Visited July 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“We Love 5 Spot”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We come here at least once every time we come to Seattle. It's a fun place which changes it decor and theme every 3 months so you never know what you'll walk into but the food is always consistently good. I had the Huevos Rancheros which is one of my favorite breakfasts. 5 Spot's version is excellent with the right combination of spiciness. My husband had the daily special scramble which they customized for him since he hates green pepper and asked them to substitute scallions. No problem. My only complaint is that their decaf doesn't measure up to Seattle's great coffee vibe. They could do much better in that department. The hash browns which came with my husband's scramble were exceptional; spicy, crispy, tasty.

San Antonio
“Flapjack heaven!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My cousin who lives in Seattle took us here. The flapjacks with strawberries was wonderful! A cute place and a nice experience in a pretty area.

Seattle, Washington
“Hidden Gem of Queen Anne”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've been living in Queen Anne for about 9 months and I finally decided to try this restaurant while a friend was visiting over Memorial Day weekend. Love the decor - pretty cool and lends to the conversation. The staff very pleasant and well attending. I tried the biscuits & gravy - OMG! Truly wonderful w/ outstanding taste! My friend had poached eggs (which were done to perfection) and the 5 Spot hash , which had an interest twist - beets! Get place to have breakfast and EVERY weekend I see a line for this place. I have not yet tried lunch there but will soon

Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“The 5 spot hits the spot”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Love love love the 5 spot! Fun whimsical interior & great food. A must-experience place in Queen Anne neighborhood! Highly recommend for breakfast. Had the biscuits and gravy, super yum factor.

• Visited June 2013

Been to 5 Spot? Share your experiences!