“Quirky, fascinating and delicious”
Review of Pasta Freska

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th Ave. N
Transit: Metro RT 17, RT 30, RT 74 (Westlake Ave), RT 28 & RT 26 (Dexter Avenue)
Description: Pasta Freska is a Seattle Italian restaurant serving dinner nightly, offering a unique and fresh new way to enjoy Italian dining. Mike the owner and chef approaches your table and offers his unique personality, touch and warmth to come up with the perfect dinner for the occasion and people present. Perfect for special occasions or group dining events, Pasta Freska's head chef visits each and every table, asking the likes of each guest, then prepares a meal based upon those conversations pared with the perfect glass of wine. Delicious pastas, seafood, wonderful salads and an extensive wine list are just a few of the many great things awaiting your visit at Pasta Freska. The perfect place for a first date, anniversary, family dinner, group dinner or just a night to enjoy some amazing dishes, Pasta Freska aims to please. Catering is available throughout the Seattle area. We do in house catering, private events, weddings, business lunches, boxed and buffet catering.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the outside it looks like a dive. Inside, same vibe. Syle - unique, Ive never been to a place quite like it. The food, delicious. The owner (also the cook and one of the waiters) comes to the table and asks for Food Allergies or Avoidance - he then starts to bring food out. Its not family style, but that is the closest thing I know to compare it to. Wine, it starts pouring. Im not sure if you can ask for a type of wine - im not a red or a dry wine drinker - but I did the night we visited. I have food allergies - he made my meal just for me - Gluten Free. The others at the table ( we had a very large party) had other restrictions, shell fish, dairy etc. All dishes that were served met our needs - every dish was outstanding. Then they brought out desserts - there were several small servings on a plate that you shared with those in your party. There are regulars - who the owner warmly greets. Do not expect to have a quick meal - he servers many courses. Just sit back and relax. It was a dining experience like no other. I would like to return, but with a smaller group, to experience this again.

My favorite dish was chicken - it was in a golden yellow sauce. OUTSTANDING

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (143)

Reviewed September 9, 2019

This adorable Italian restaurant was absolutely divine. The intimate patio was the perfect place to sit back and enjoy the culinary ride. We sat down and were served water, followed by being greeted by the chef, who asked about our preferences/restrictions. My husband and I had none, so he sent out a bottle of red wine (which was amazing and well priced) and the never-ending dinner began. It was course after course of mouthwatering, delicious Italian food. We especially enjoyed sharing when we got different dishes. I was absolutely stuffed when I left, in the best way possible. I recommend this restaurant to anyone with an open mind and true passion for culinary excellence.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

We had no idea what to expect. We were staying nearby and looked up places on TripAdvisor. I asked if they could accommodate a Gluten Free /Dairy Free customer. They said no problem. Other than that, we told them we liked everything! My 7 yo, my husband and me all were given different dishes for certain courses. The owner, Mike, selected a perfect bottle of wine. We didn’t have to make a single decision. Everything was wonderful, fresh and flavorful. The service was great. My husband is a trained chef and was very impressed with the style of restaurant. Priced reasonably as well. We would visit again when back in Seattle!! A great find thanks to TripAdvisor.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 9, 2019

We just wanted to find a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel that wasn't Asian or Tex Mex. Stumbled on to this place and decided to give it a try. Was seated a few minutes and the owner (Mike) came to greet us and ask whether there was anything we didn't or couldn't eat. We said no. He asked us if we wanted wine and we said no and he offered us an amazing tasting grape lemonade. Then the confusion began. We waited for a server to get a menu and a few minutes later we got bread and salad. We looked at each other and said we didn't order yet. We pulled a server to the side to get clarity and she pulled Mike in on the conversation and told us we would have a full 4 course dinner but didn't elaborate. Well suddenly the food orgy began. The plates kept coming and coming. Every dish was excellent; the best I've ever tasted in an Italian themed restaurant. Basically on Saturday (maybe every day for all I know) it's a price fixe menu. You get what ever they are cooking that night. Come early cause I noticed the later you came the less choices you would have. Be aware the drinks and dessert are extra. Everything else is included in the price. Part of the charm of this place is the mystery the owner creates-- but I must admit he delivers. The place is small and gets loud but that is part of the charm. We had a fun and memorable time. Bill before tip with lemonade and dessert was about $50/pp; very reasonable for Seattle. I went to another place the next day and paid $68 for two non alcoholic drinks, an appetizer, a small personal size margarita pizza and ice cream with a shot of expresso. DON'T miss Pasta Freska.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019

My family and I just got into Seattle and we had a recommendation to go to Pasta Fresca and the food is phenomenal! The chef meets with you and surprises you with each step of the meal. Everything, and I mean everything, was delicious to each person at the table. Wonderful atmosphere and food!

Date of visit: June 2019