“Remodelled Restaurant”

Ranked #751 of 4,273 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Best spot in Seattle for Cambodian foods (some Vietnamese and Chinesse dishes are available). The restaurant went through a quick remodel recently (nothing major, just new paint, some fixture, removed some of the junks/decoration. Cleaner/Brighter space.

Wide selection of noodle dishes (soup, fried, crunchy) with different combination of protein (beef, chicken, pork and seafoods).

I go here once a week from Downtown Seattle for lunch (quick walk from the ID light-rail station).

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We are heading to Cambodia soon, and wanted to pre-sample some authentic cuisine. Phnom Penh Noodle House came highly recommended.

The service is excellent; the restaurant is owned by a Cambodian family that fled the Khmer Rouge in the 1970s, and have since passed the restaurant on to their adult daughters. We had the pleasure of speaking with the young owner during dinner, and she is both welcoming and knowledgeable.

My husband is a chef, and we have been all over SE Asia. This food is fantastic. We had the Battambang Noodles, the Chicken Wings, curries, and the Phnom Penh regional dish amok (fish curry in a banana leaf). This dish in particular is highly recommended.

If you are looking for authentic SE Asian/Cambodian cuisine, this is the place to hit in Seattle. My only suggestion: It's only open until 8:30pm on a Saturday night!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Phnom Penh Noodle House/Seattle, WA: Only one thing we want to request: they need to expand to North Seattle. We would come there every week. China town is too crowded and no parking.... Love the service and the food, but not the location.....

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here so many times with no issues until these past few months. The good yard to be so good but more it's so salty!

A month ago I ordered a noodle soup dish and was brought something that tasted like ramen noodle soup from the the bag, the one you buy for $0.50 or less at the store. It was so salty and the sauce wasn't even mixed well. Thinking it might be me I didn't eat it and left it at that.

Yesterday I took my mom to eat and we ordered congee and their noodle special. My mom said it was salty so I tasted both and sure enough it was. The congee was not as bad as the noodle soup. The waiter heard us taking about it being salty but didn't do anything. I finally sent it back and was told by the waiter that he knew it was salty. The replacement soup was a joke as they brought us the same bowl which they had added water to the broth to lessen the saltiness. It was like eating watered down soup. WTF?

The quality of food has gone down lately. More than one person needs to taste what the cook is cooking before they send it out. Will not be eating here again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Try the Nohm salad, any of the soups, and Mee Katang. The English speaking staff will help you navigate through the menu.