“this is a real gem”

Neighborhood: Downtown
seattle, washington
“this is a real gem”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

we ate here with another couple before going to a nearby play. What a surprise, tucked away in the ID. VERY clean, attentive service, excellent bountiful food. We share a big bowl of duck soup and had lots left over. My red fish curry dish was spicy and fresh, husband loved his noodle dish. plentiful and a bargain. No complaints. Small crowd. Go here.

• Visited April 2013

Stanwood, Washington
“Following a write up in Seattle Magazine (Jan 2013)”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Recent Seattle Magazine did an in-depth review of noodle restaurants (January 2013 cover story). The full page picture of the Mee Katang definitely caught our eye. We stopped in for lunch yesterday while shopping in Seattle. The Mee Katang with rice egg noodles and beef looked exactly as pictured. It was excellent. A large portion that was very reasonably priced. Our other meals and take our orders also got high marks. Don’t be dissuaded by the seemingly store front as you drive by. When you enter it opens into a large restaurant with comfortable seating and very efficient and friendly staff. Definitely will go again next time in Seattle.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, WA
“You gotta try the fish amok.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I found out this place thru Couchsurfing Seattle and did not know we have a Cambodian place here!

So I invited my gfriends and an Irish friend who is leaving for Dublin in a few hours. We were just there tonight.

I was in Cambodia in 2011 and haven't had Khmer food since. So I thought I'd give it a try. Oh boy, their fish amok is so spot on!! Just like what I had in Siem Reap! To die for! My friends also ordered Me Tang dishes and they were good they said! We had 6 dishes for 6 of us to share. We also had some chicken grill and fried crab rice which were tasty.

Service is good, our attendant was Cambodian :) The portions are aplenty! And we even had some take home for lunch! For $56 for 6 dishes, 6 people and 2 drinks, not bad at all!

Will come back here again. They have a $6.50 seafood soup? You kidding? This got to be one of the cheapest place in town! 4 stars!!!

How could I not know about this place a year ago??

Recommendation:
So if you haven't tried the amok, I believe it's Cambodia's national food, dude, you gotta try it! It's basically a fish or chicken/beef dish in coconut milk, with a bit chillies, and some herbs that makes it different from the curry dishes from Thailand or India.
I heart Cambodia and would love to go back there just for their food! The people are also nice there. Now I get it why Angeline Jolie loved it there.

• Visited January 2013
Rome, Italy
“Perfectly delicious”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Had a few hours afternoon the cruise and before the flight and was hungry for dome good southeast Asian cuisine. So i strolled through Pioneer Square over to China and casually stumbled intorno this noodle shop. Didn't take long to catch on that I had chosen well. Friendly service amd absolutely delicious food. I highly recommend this place and can't with to make it back to Seattle for another taste!

“Great food,great price.”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Peaceful place with really yummy food served by a sweet young woman.

1 Thank Philshoe