“Doesn't get any better!!”

That's Amore! Italian Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
That's Amore! Italian Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic
Transit: Our bus stop is just across the street!
Description: When travelling, often the best restuarants are slightly off the beaten path. We've been named "Hidden Gem" by Seattle Magazine, not just for spectacular Italian Food but a gorgeous view of Downtown Seattle. Chef-owned, our casual little place is just 10 minutes from Downtown (just a quick exit from I-90 onto Rainier Ave S -- careful, the exit comes up FAST from downtown). Free Parking and a really cool Solstice Park (with sunset marker stones) just steps North of our building is the Cherry on top! Welcome!
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm local to this neighborhood gem, and can't speak highly enough about it. The food is always fantastic, the service is uber friendly, and the view is likely one of the best in all of Seattle. If you want to experience the view, I'd suggest a reservation, asking specifically for a window seat, however you can experience the view from most tables. They have outside seating in the summer, though it is in front of the restaurant where you won't have a view, however, it is quiet and charming. Go forth, and try That's Amore!!

1  Thank MikeySeattle

Reviewed January 8, 2013

A bit out of the way on 31st Avenue South but easy to park. It has a beautiful view of the city if you are lucky enough to be seated in one of the two tables at the huge windows at the back. The antipasto was outstanding with the usual meat, cheese, olives, and vegetables but included a succulent honey dew and grapes. The wine selection was fair and reasonably priced by the glass. We had the Tuscan sausage which reflected the genuine taste of Tuscany and the sauce was a bit spicy and tasty. The polent was unusually light which we liked. The handmade tortellini were great although the sauce was a bit strong and acidic. The tiramisu was delicious. The service was good and the cost for two with three drinks and tip was $100.

1  Thank SusieTall
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the best Itialian food in Seattle, hands down. Pizza, Pasta, Seafood, Poultry dishes, I have tried them all (don't eat red meat, but I have had others try the meat dishes and loved them). One of my favorites is the Tortellini Gorgonzola, try it with asparagus instead of broccolli. The pizza's give you the feeling you are in Italy-hard to find an authentic Italian Pizza in Seattle, but That's Amore has perfected them. Everything is inventive, creative, and delicous. The service is is great. In a residential neighborhood unless you know it's there you might miss it. And I can tell you, if you live or are visiting Seattle you want to find this place. One of the best secrets about this place is the view. You would probably not know by looking at where it is, but it has an amazing view of downtown Seattle and Puget Sound. Make reservations if you can and ask for a view table (the restuarant is small and only about 8 of the tables actually have the great view).
Take the time to find this place and go enjoy, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the place my family picks hands down when we want to go out. They have the best food and the service is great. It is definitely small but it feels like the undiscovered jewel in the city. Their tutta di mare pasta special is my favorite with the red cream sauce. Their prices are also very reasonable.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended from a fellow foodie, so I was very much looking forward to trying it out. I came away overly positive, if only for its location and the view. There is something special about feeling like you’ve found an undiscovered treasure, or at least a great restaurant that is inconvenient enough that most people won’t go. As others have stated, it is a small dining room, and is tucked on a tiny commercial strip in the middle of a residential area. (Great houses to envy there, if you enjoy that sort of thing!)

I had called ahead to make a reservation so as to ensure we’d get one of the three “good” tables at the window with the view. On the one hand, I loathe having to wax poetic about how it’s a special occasion to ensure good placement, but on the other, its nice to know that my two-months’-worth-of-advance-planning would be rewarded. (I’m not sure 2 months is really necessary, by the way, and they say they can’t guarantee anything, but hey, I’m a planner.)

Our table was ready and waiting for us, all set up for two. (As an aside, one of the three tables near the windows is right by the bathrooms, which might be a downer if you are especially picky.) The view was incredible, even on a grey day, and made the entire trip worth it just for that.

Our food was good, albeit unremarkable. I found my pasta to be a bit bland, and my husband said the same. The dessert menu was fairly standard which always disappoints me – get creative folks! My only real complaint about the fare was the wine – I could tell straight away that the bottle had been open and perhaps not sealed correctly (maybe they don’t go through it very quickly?) as the wine’s flavor was noticeably absent. It wasn’t worth making a fuss over, but that appears to be how they handle all of their wines so consider your choice carefully!

Finally a note about service. Sometimes it’s a great joy to go to a restaurant and be treated as a member of the family, sometimes said family feels like your aunt of whom you are quite fond except for her habit of asking you when you are going to meet someone special and settle down. Our waitress fit into the latter category – she was kind, attentive, and yet scolded me for not eating my mushrooms. Yes, thank you, I know I could have ordered the dish without them but wanted their flavor as part of the sauce, just not their texture. I will know better next time!

Bottom line – its worth a try. Make a reservation if you are going during the rush or want to call dibs on an unobstructed view.

2  Thank LadyoftheMoon