“Shaved noodles and nice clean fish tank”

Shanghai Garden - Seattle
Ranked #932 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: International District
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Based on others' reviews and the fact that it was across the street from the Kinokuniya bookstore, we had dinner there around 5 pm on a Wednesday evening. Maybe because it was early but the restaurant was not very crowded at all. We ordered the shaved noodles - both regular and green barley and in soup and stir-fried. The noodles are about a half inch wide and pretty thick. There weren't many strands of noodles but they were heavy enough to fill us up. We also ordered a vegetable dish - the pea leaves with bean curd sheets and mushroom. This dish was very tasty and we highly recommend it. The service was good with the waitresses speaking Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
They also have a nice big salt water tank with clowns, triggers and other fish at the entrance.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We enjoyed our meal; the restaurant was crowded. I'm picky (not quality - just enjoy limited types of food), and I enjoyed every dish we ordered (beef/green onion with sweet bun, honey almond shrimp, shaved noodles, moo shu pork) although I couldn't make myself eat the shrimp which looked to be wrapped in green jello. The rest of my group enjoyed that dish. The food was light, not heavy. The fried rice wasn't outstanding, but it was ok. The waitress was very nice and helpful; she brought silverware for the half of us who do not use chopsticks. I enjoyed that she stayed at the table and filled the buns with the beef mixture and the pancakes with sauce and meat; she was very pleasant. It added personalized touch. As to people complaining about the food, my brother-in-law and sister lived in Asia for quite a few years and visited local restaurants; they found this restaurant excellent and haven't made to the other restaurant on the list. The only negative was the food could be a little hotter.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

So i have walked by this restaurant for the longest time before trying it, and unfortunately i have to leave the country and relocate, i will def miss this restaurant that has the most delicious barley green hand shaven noodles, healthy and tasty!! I really recommend trying it! The soup and their stir fried dishes arent as greasy as most americanized chinese food, which is really nice. The service can be a little abrasive sometimes but i think thats just how cantonese people talk :) thanks for reading, and try this place when you crave chinese food in seattle.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I just started a new job and my new colleagues love Shanghai Garden. The hand shaved noodles are super delicious - the texture is just right, the seasoning is spot on. I highly recommend the pumpkin hand shaved noodles. The service Is efficient and friendly. It is now a "go to" place for me!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the Shanghai Garden twice during September, each time the food was delicious. I loved the hotplates especially the prawn one, they certainly don't stint on the quantity, at first I wondered if I'd be able to eat it all but it was so tasty that it proved not to be a problem! The restaurant is comfortable and highly recommended by all of us (three family members).