“It's mostly about the food, very good.”

Shanghai Garden - Seattle
Ranked #1,295 of 4,169 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: International District
Utah
“It's mostly about the food, very good.”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Offer mainstream to more exotic Mandarin dishes. Looks to mostly be a lunch destination. Very informal, order at the counter, cash only. Looks like a dive but very tasty and good quality. Friendly service. Not expensive, under $7 for a healthy portion.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Wow, what a find. We had a great meal at Shanghai Garden. Very comfortable for families. My kids (13, 9, 4) all found food they loved. As a family, we ordered the vegetable barleygreen noodle soup ($8.75 for enormous family portion), pepper salted squid app ($9), sizzling seafood platter ($21), and beef with snow peas (don't remember price). The kitchen was out of vegetarian pot stickers; bummer. We weren't sure what to expect with the green noodles, but I'd read positive reviews here. OK, wow, GREEN NOODLES. Clearly house-made and fantastic. Great soup, lots of shiitake mushrooms and other treats. Squid dish was also amazing -- my son's favorite. Quite salty and the dipping sauce had serious zing, but all within the comfortable range. Sizzling seafood had fresh REAL crabmeat, scallops, and shrimp, along with lots of broccoli and other veggies. Very very good. I did not taste the beef/peas, but my spouse was very happy and ate it all up. Would we return? Yes, oh yes!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank travelmama15
“YumO”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This is one of the best "off the beating path" restaurants. I'm a fan of low brow Asian food that's about the food and not over priced presentation. They are great for family dining and offer large tables with lazy Susans that are perfect for sharing. The pot stickers were an unexpected, flavorful surprise and the perfect appetizer to the garlic beef.

1 Thank Jules0206
Washington
“Always a pleasure!”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I enjoy the moo sho chicken or shrimp here, whenever I can actually find a parking place to stop to eat. I always order it, because it is so long between visits, since it is 5 hours to Seattle That is my favorite Chinese dish. Only once 30 years ago in Texas, did I have it as prepared as well. Always a pleasure!
While I have eaten at fancier, Seattle seafood restaurants whose dishes were as well prepared, I still stop here as the cost vs. pleasure is far greater value.

• Visited March 2011
Olympia, WA
“Best noodles”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Best Chinese food ever, wish I had their recipe for Hot and Sour soup. The hand cut Chowmein noodles is true comfort food.

• Visited December 2010