“food and ambience wonderful, our service not so much”
Review of La Medusa

La Medusa
Reserve with OpenTable
La Medusa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #673 of 4,396 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I will copy TA reviews an email just sent to the restaurant. It was a lovely place with delicious food, but a dis-ingeniousness server ruined our experience. Our rating would have been 4 or 5 stars given different service.

"We had the opportunity to dine at La Medusa for the first time last night for our anniversary. You were chosen not only on your excellent reputation, but also because my wife and daughter spent time in Sicily and have a special fondness for the island and its food. Your food and ambiance were everything we had hoped it would be. However I need to communicate about the service. Everyone was very nice with smiles and such, but our service seemed somewhat disingenuous or just forgetful. On the online reservation when it asked about "note to the restaurant" I put that it was our 28th wedding anniversary. After we were seated for awhile, already on the bread service, nothing had been mentioned by the waiter about the anniversary. We had invited our daughter and son to join us for dinner, and when my daughter went to the bathroom, I asked her to mention to the waiter about the anniversary in case it was lost in the online reservation. My daughter told me that the waiter was aware of it. To be brief with the rest of the story, nothing was ever communicated or acknowledged, the deserts were brought out and after they were almost finished, the waiter came over and whispered that she forgot about the anniversary so no candle on the dessert. I then asked her if we could purchase an order of gelato, I was promptly told not possible. However when it was time for the bill, she seemed to remember and wrote happy 28th anniversary.

I have a feeling that this would not have been the case with another waiter and hopefully not the management/owner's philosophy of how to treat a customer who brought his family there for a special occasion. This unfortunately gave a sour taste to our experience last night. As mentioned earlier, your restaurant otherwise is everything the write ups describe and I wish the new owners well in their new venture."

Steve Alabaster

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went here for a big family dinner the night before my brother's wedding. It was a great place to try lots of different dishes, all family style. The greens were especially delicious! The service was terrific--prompt and very friendly. Nice neighborhood location. Would definitely return!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The rotating menu in a unique format can be a challenge depending on your seat, but this challenge is well worth the work. I'be never had a bad plate come out

Reviewed October 5, 2012

La Medusa in Columbia City, Seattle, is a rare find. The service is knowledgable, professional without being too friendly. The menu is local and creative with some nods of Italian flare, the kitchen/chef at Le Medusa truly cares about the food that leaves their kitchen. The cauliflower fritters are amazing as will be any pasta special. Highly recommended from a couple who loves to eat out. Comparable to Spuce and Sitka - to give you an idea. Enjoy!

1  Thank Reese-Stewart
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went there for dinner and had a wonderful time.The servers are care enough to ask if you're allergic to certain things(only if you go to a very expensive restaurants). They patiently explain the menu if you have no clue of what to eat, and what the chef can special cook a meal for you. Three of us spent about $60.

1  Thank jack m