“great food and service”
Review of La Medusa

La Medusa
Reserve with OpenTable
La Medusa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,116 of 4,109 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
new westminster
“great food and service”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went there for dinner and had a wonderful time.The servers are care enough to ask if you're allergic to certain things(only if you go to a very expensive restaurants). They patiently explain the menu if you have no clue of what to eat, and what the chef can special cook a meal for you. Three of us spent about $60.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank jack m

Long Island, New York
“"Not love,but not bad"”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

As an italophile by birth, and by penchant, Italian restaurants hold a special interest for me. In my next life I'd like to captain my own. My Seattle children brought us to La Medusa last weekend during our visit there. The restaurant is well attended and highly regarded by the locals. Seattle is quite the restaurant town so the competition for the dining dollar is keen. The room at La Medusa is small but charming. The menu is posted on a chalkboard hung high on a wall. The pastas are home made. A meal of pasta with veal meat balls, while not among the finest I've had, was satisfying. The meat balls were soft and felt underdone for my tastes. A pasta with sarde dish was well received by my wife as were two pasta dishes ordered by son and his wife. Three of our party were charmed with La Medusa and would return. Service is attentive.

• Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Hands down - my favorite in Seattle”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place has it all - wonderful deep-flavored food, a relaxed but bustling urban bistro atmosphere, and beautiful and friendly staff who make the whole experience come together. As you might expect, there could be a wait for a table at peak times, and there's no bar area, but Columbia City has enough going on to entertain you during your pre-dinner stroll.

The menu is on a blackboard on the wall, with a variety of pastas and Italian dishes. There's lots of fresh ingredients, often straight from the local farmers' market. If you see something you like, order it quickly, since some items do run out and get erased from the board. That goes especially for desserts. I love the carbonara with fresh duck egg dropped on top. The salads are great as are roasted vegetables as side dishes. Wine list is reasonable and varied and the wait staff will make recommendations within your range. The only downside is that they have taken out the pizza oven and with it, the spectacular sardine and duck egg thin crust pizza (great as an appetizer).

What really makes this place is the atmosphere. It's one of those places that's both comfortable yet makes you feel cool just by being there. The wait staff adds to the atmosphere with cheeky charm and just a teeny bit of attitude. Did I mention that they are universally beautiful from smile to tattoo?

• Visited November 2011
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine, fresh sicilian inspired food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant in town. Very honest, well prepared food served by a great collection of people. Both the service side and the kitchen side of the restaurant are wonderful. We go there once a week at least, and truly enjoy the ambiance and family sense of the restaurant. Gordon Wishard, the main chef is a genius in food preparation, but especially when cooking scallops! And their home made pasta dishes are incredible. Very casual, very enjoyable small restaurant. My husband & I just returned from a 2week trip in Europe and we can hardly wait to get to the restaurant fo a great meal! We have missed their food and service. Be sure to make reservations when you go.

• Visited May 2012
Freeland, Washington
“An Unexpected Treat!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our first time out to this restaurant. I am of Sicilian background, so can be a bit picky when it comes to Mediterranean restaurants. The food was so handcrafted, enjoyable and complex! I had a handmade pancetta carbonara with fresh egg yolk, and my husband had a four chanterelle dish with a light cream sauce! He was happy as a lark! Great service, quality food- a find in Seattle . . . .

• Visited March 2012