“Reasonable and tasty food”
Review of Fuji Sushi

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Northwestern corner of 6th and South Main street
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We came here to enjoy some Japanese food and we had to wait for a table for about 30 minutes as we had no reservations and after we were seated, we had to wait for our food for 15 minutes at least. I guess because each bento box is separate as far as the two entrees are concerned as we all had the two item bento box. We also got cucumber salad, miso soup as well as rice, green salad, pickled vegetables, seaweed, two California sushis, and our entree. All were tasty especially the sashimi which consisted of three types of fish. The waiter had forgotten the tempura sauce for one of us and we had to wait to get it. He apologized for the wait for the table and food. Otherwise, I would give them 5 stars but service was a bit slow.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

In the realm of Seattle's Asian restaurants, Fuji flies a bit under the radar -- except among the most discerning. My mother, who is from Japan, was with us during our last visit. She has always said you can judge a Japanese restaurant by its tempura, and she was raving about Fuji's, even saying its was better than one of her friend's, which she'd always considered the standard. Very high praise indeed. The fish here is fresh and well served. We had a roll off the daily specials which was great - it had salmon and citrus, which doesn't sound as fantastic as it was. Reservations can be made via Open Table, and I'd make them, just in case. It's not always packed, but there usually are plenty of people. Check their website for parking instructions; they validate at a nearby lot.

1  Thank Glenn N
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've been going to Fuji Sushi for years and I especially like the Bento Box. It's just enough for me. The quality of the food has almost always been very good over the years, but at one point the service was not. I'm glad to report that we've recently had excellent service, and I would recommend Fuji Sushi.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food for the price was grest. The shrimp tempura was one of the best i every had warm and cook to perfection. The teriyaki salmon and chicken was a little dry as if it was cook early and left under a warming light. What was disappointing was the tonkatsu serve with hot dog mustard not tonkatsu mustard and the waitress said its like the samething. Later brought us the real thing.
Sushi was good and fresh. Over all a good place to eat for the price.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I came here for lunch with two friends and each of us had the Bento Box. Very fresh, generous portions and a lot of variety. The place was hopping and there were quite a few Asians there, which I thought was a good sign. The tempura was delicately breaded and cooked just perfectly, especially the shrimp. The sushi was fresh and we enjoyed the miso soup. One of the women I was with said she has been there many times and always had a good experience.

1  Thank Sandy N