“Great Sushi and Pork Ginger”
Review of Fuji Sushi

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Northwestern corner of 6th and South Main street
Reviewed July 11, 2012

So far the best Japanese food I had in Seattle.
Sushi was great and pork ginger was AMAZING!
Great service ...

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our family went to Fuji Sushi on Mother's Day. There were 16 in our party, and the management let it be known from the outset that if everyone wasn't there on time, our tables would be given away. That having been said, we understood that Mother's Day is a busy day, and everyone made a special effort to arrive on time. We were seated around our table greeting each other and enjoying ourselves, when the manager (I assume he was the manager) came over and told us that we needed to order immediately, because there were others coming after us who would want our tables. He didn't say this in a friendly way. He was very unpleasant, and I was very taken aback. So were others in our party. In all my years of dining out, I have never experienced anything quite so rude from someone who is supposed to be in the business of serving the public. The food at Fuji Sushi is pretty good, although I've had better, but the prices are reasonable, and the waitstaff, unlike the management, were very nice. We've been going to this restaurant for family functions for several years, but they recently underwent an ownership change, and the change has really detracted from the pleasant atmosphere we used to enjoy. I am giving this otherwise nice restaurant a low overall rating because of the rudeness of the manager.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Mon 2/27/12 7pm: Fuji Sushi/Seattle, WA/: Good fresh sushi and hot dishes, but pricey for dinner. We heard lunch is much better value but there’ll be line out the door if don’t come early. Pretty friendly staff, reasonably wait time, and validated parking (about 6-7 spots). Perhaps we’ll return for lunch but not dinner.3 stars.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Fuji is my favorite Japanese restaurant bar none. Their tonkatsu is the standard by which I measure all others. You'll see lots of Japanese eating here--a good sign. The bento box options, at $11.95, including miso soup, Japanese pickles and other treats, are a bargain. I've always had excellent service and I can't remember any time I had a complaint in our many visits over the years.

Note: Fuji offers free parking sort of behind the restaurant, up the hill. This is a major plus in the International District.

1  Thank SamWoodward
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This place has the virtue of being one of the few Japanese sushi houses open on Sundays. That said, the times I have gone the sushi was less than fresh. Will not go back.