“Love It!!!”

Ranked #98 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Salumi Artisan Cured Meats is a USDA Salumi Meat Curing Facility. We produce meats for our Deli, which is adjacent to the Meat Curing facility as well as wholesale customers within the US. Within Seattle, our cured meats can be purchased at DeLaurenti (Pike Place Market) and the Central and Metropolitan Markets throughout the area. In our deli, you may purchase sandwiches, soup, pasta and cured meats. If you wish sliced meats, you must order these in advance. Mondays are take out only with a limited menu (5 or 6 sandwiches)
Reviewed December 18, 2013

When you go to some of the finer restaurants in Seattle, you'll notice on some of their menus that their cured meat is supplied by Salumi. This is the source! It is started by celebrity chef, Mario Batali's father and is still run by the family. They are proud of the food they serve. When I was there, they simply told me to not pick one type of the bread because "it was a bad batch." The shop may be a bit intimidating for the first timer, but the servers are super helpful. If the items on the chalkboard sound Italian to you (which they are), you can ask for samples before you commit. Do get ready to drink lots of water while and after you eat, because most items are quite salty. But they are super awesome! If you are like me, who can't have cured meat without some wine, you can also order glasses of wine to wash your food down with. The secret spread they put on the bread is garlicky and binds the meat, grilled pepper and the bread perfectly. If you want to go, do mind its operating hours and be ready for long line-ups.

2  Thank phobuz
There are newer reviews for Armandino's Salumi

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Amazing house-cured meats and fantastic sandwiches and other Italian food. On a lovely day, carry your food to a nearby park.

On a rainy day, if you're lucky enough to find room, take one of the few seats inside at one of the community tables and make some new friends. Then sit back and be amazed that, although you've already paid for your food, you can help yourself to one of the big bottles of wine on the table and then pay for that on your way out. When was the last time you saw an honor system in an American restaurant? For me, never! The room is nothing to look at in the designer sense, but for this one hospitality item alone I give them a 'Very Good' for atmosphere. It's not about "the room", it's about the trust!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Tiny little hole in the wall with grandma in the little corner in the front making pasta is just the beginning. If this is a retirement activity, then I want it too! The most fabulous cured meat sandwiches along with the meatballs and the very infrequently made ox-tails (this is made only 4 times a year and you need to get there very early or you lose out). There is just nothing bad on the menu and the bread is the perfect delivery vessel. Crunchy and soft with dressing on the sandwiches. It isn't cheap, but it is so worth it. I hate waiting in lines, but that too, is worth it. This is a place you simply do not want to miss!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Delicious sandwiches! I've read many great reviews about this salumeria, and they are right on. It was our first time eat in the restaurant so we ordered the sandwich tray so we don't exactly know which sandwiches we had. But they were ALL very good!

Yes, the lines were very long. I promise you, it was worth the wait! I will definitely come back here next time I am in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We waited in line outside to get into this TINY restaurant. When we got to the counter, the staff was so pleasant and helpful that it made up for any minor inconvenience. I mean, these people seem to love their yummy jobs. They acted like we were the only customers that day and insisted that we try several salamis before choosing one for our sandwich . . . which was on fabulous bread and slathered with gorgonzola and pesto. The family makes gnocchi in the window on Tuesdays, too. Wowza.