“Fantastic service”

Ranked #6 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Salumi Artisan Cured Meats is a USDA Salumi Meat Curing Facility. We produce meats for our Deli, which is adjacent to the Meat Curing facility as well as wholesale customers within the US. Within Seattle, our cured meats can be purchased at DeLaurenti (Pike Place Market) and the Central and Metropolitan Markets throughout the area. In our deli, you may purchase sandwiches, soup, pasta and cured meats. If you wish sliced meats, you must order these in advance. Mondays are take out only with a limited menu (5 or 6 sandwiches)
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We got here after a five hour drive to Seattle and were famished and dizzy. It was also my birthday. They had run out of bread! So they couldn't make the sandwich my friend had recommended. However they were very generous with their meat cuts and even gave us a bunch wrapped in tin foil to take with us. They were going to close soon so they gave us a lot of leftovers. They even put a birthday candle in a piece of salami. Five stars for local friendly service :)

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Tuesday in July and arrived at about 11:30. Yes, there was a line but it went fairly quickly. We decided to share the cured meat platter. Since the two of us had been making several Seattle food stops along the way we found this to be perfect for us. It had about 7 different sample of the cured meats with about 6-8 slices of each. After ordering you can choose to eat inside at one of the long shared tables. Plenty of cold water is at the table for the taking.

I had researched this place via TA and their website and had assumed that we would not be able to purchase meat to take with us. However, so long as you do t want it sliced there are happy to cut a chick off and sell it to you.

We liked everything we tried and I would highly recommend standing in line to go.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We got there a little later than I anticipated but waiting in the line was worth it! My husband had the porchetta which was delicious. Since I couldn't make up my mind I got the smoked meat platter. They were all delicious and I was happy with my choice. The manager was super nice and we enjoyed chatting him up when there was a slight loll in his busy day.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Truly awesome sandwiches, prepared for you as you watch. The line was out the door and 2 deep when we stopped by some time around 12:45, and they were out of several items. But they had what we wanted and the line moved pretty well. They do have seating inside at a couple of long tables "family style". The staff was very friendly. I had a "PLT" (Prosciutto Lettuce and Tomato) special and my wife had an oregano salami sandwich. The prosciutto was cooked like crispy bacon, terrific. Just get there a little earlier next time, eh?

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Porchetta sandwich in the pocket bread was absolutely delicious and the bonus was that it was huge. We got there 20 min before opening on a Fri and had the food 30 min later, not as bad as we thought it was going to be. However there was no indoor seating so we had to get it to go. We live in the Seattle area and we'll be back, it's great.