“ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE WAIT”
Review of Armandino's Salumi

Armandino's Salumi
Ranked #104 of 4,197 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Salumi Artisan Cured Meats is a USDA Salumi Meat Curing Facility. We produce meats for our Deli, which is adjacent to the Meat Curing facility as well as wholesale customers within the US. Within Seattle, our cured meats can be purchased at DeLaurenti (Pike Place Market) and the Central and Metropolitan Markets throughout the area. In our deli, you may purchase sandwiches, soup, pasta and cured meats. If you wish sliced meats, you must order these in advance. Mondays are take out only with a limited menu (5 or 6 sandwiches)
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have attempted to have lunch at Salumi's on several of our trips to Seattle and were unlucky when it was closed for various reasons. We got there about 11:15 a.m. today (Tues.) and had a short 20 min. wait. While waiting we watched Marilyn Batali (Mario's mother) rolling the gnocchi. Today it was prepared with Salumi's marinara which I absolutely loved. I also had the beet salad which was wonderful. I normally do not finish most of my meals expecting my husband to help me. Not today; I ate all of it. It was wonderful. My husband had the pork cheeks on a baguette. The meat was savory, well-seasoned and melted in his mouth. The crusty baguette was wonderful however it you want a neater sandwich perhaps the pocket bread would be a better choice. While waiting in line we sampled the Dario salami. It was delicious; buying some to take home. Founder and owner Armandino Batali, makes it in honor of Dario, Italy's world renown butcher. Seating is shared, the staff friendly, prices good, and the food great. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Roni793
There are newer reviews for Armandino's Salumi

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Try the finocchiona, you will love it. Casual small restaurant. Good sandwiches.
Also try their appetizer plate.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hard to believe that this place is as good as it is advertised, and the great thing is every time I go it is just as good if not better than the last time. Cons: long, long lines espcecially at lunch; often they run out of bread/rolls and some other stuff; small, very small; usual Seattle very limited parking nearby. Pros: delicious, scrumptious meats and cheeses; very nice folk who work there; decent prices; always good! Can't lose.

1  Thank MikeandSarah
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is amazing! The sandwich's here are better than Paseo. I had the Porchetta which is a full meal by itself and my wife had the mac-and-chesse which she loved too.

We went after the usual lunch time rush during the week and didn't have any trouble getting inside or dining in. If you go during the week during lunch time, then you should expect to have to queue up outside and wait a while.

We also had some of their thinly sliced cured Salami to take home and snack on for a few days. I highly recommend doing this f possible but you may need to call ahead if you want some of this deliciousness.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

You'll wait in line, but your taste buds will thank you! Even if you are not particularly a cured meat lover, this place is extraordinary and worth a visit. You may be converted!

2  Thank Jeanne D