“Great Pizza place near Univ of Washington”

Northlake Tavern & Pizza House
Ranked #521 of 4,169 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: University District
Seattle, Washington
“Great Pizza place near Univ of Washington”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Northlake Tavern and Pizza House has been serving UW students and local residents for generations. It is consistently good thick pizza -- it is not a thin crust pizza place. Pizzas are loaded with ingredients of your choice. Good selection of beer as well.

Visited July 2013

Alamogordo, New Mexico, United States
“A visit back home is not complete without a large NLT Combo and a Miner burger in Yakima”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Love this pizza, best I have ever eaten. Always get at least 1 large Combo. Two pieces will fill you up. The other thing I love about their pizza's is, if you have leftovers, they taste every bit as good heated up the next day.

• Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Best Pizza Going in Seattle”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've had lots of pizza from lots of places, the pizzas are huge and have lots of toppings.
Don't be intimidated by the price, you get what you pay for, superb quality and quantity.
The place gets busy very quickly, and the reviews from WSJ, Zagat, all do it justice.
Call ahead or dine In, the pizza is amazing either way. Being a tavern it is 21 and older, but you can pick up, or even get take and bake. The artwork on the walls is fun and funky. This is a must go place. I will be back

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank KJ9000
Spokane, Wa
“As great as everyone says it is”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't expect fancy, and it may be busy, but man.....the pizza is really good. Good beer selection as well. I ate leftovers for two days.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle Washington
“Pizza with Pizzazz”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Frequented by University of Washington professors, employees and grad students because of its proximity and acclaimed by the Wall Street Journal and Zagat's, I visited this renowned Seattle pizza favorite last night for the first time.

At the entrance you'll see you have to be 21 to enter because it's a tavern. We both more than qualified. Then we encountered history from its original opening in 1954 by Herb Freeman and the Husky to funky atmosphere including red and white checkered tablecloths. The big screen TV featured a ball game. My friend visited here often in the 1960's and said it hadn't changed much.

But let's get down to the real reason we came: PIZZA! I wanted to order my usual Hawaiian but they had a spin-off called the Maui adding mushrooms and green pepper that sounded good. The server recommended we order a "small" 10 inch pie, saying it would be plenty. Plenty it was! The menu says "small" is 2 1/2 pounds for $20.10. I was amazed at the quality and quantity of the ingredients. Fresh delicious Canadian bacon, pineapple, mushrooms and green pepper over loads of mozzarella cheese. YUM! My friend had a blanket of large precisely layered sliced red ripe tomatoes covering his vegetarian side of our "small" pizza. Here's what's unusual: the crust. It's like a crispy cracker and dry inside. It's not that I disliked it, but it was different from any crust I've ever had. I can't say I preferred to others either.

When leaving, my friend inquired about Northlake's history so the friendly general manager Abdullah left the kitchen to talk with us. He'd worked here for years and enthusiastically told us more details of the original owner, whose wife is still living and in her nineties. It's good to know that after all these years the Northlake Tavern & Pizza House is still going strong and we recommend strongly you pay a visit to eat in or order a pick up ready in 30 minutes. No delivery...but they certainly deliver memorable pizza.

Visited November 2012