“Simply the Best Pizza in Seattle”

Northlake Tavern & Pizza House
Ranked #542 of 4,200 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: University District
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The New York Times was quoted stating that "The Northlake Tavern and Pizza House has the best pizza on the planet." After visiting there this past weekend prior to the Husky game, my wife and I know why. Simply excellent. A little more than what you'd expect to pay for a small combination ($22 +/-) but after we bit into the salty goodness that was toppings all the way to the edge in stead of stopping short like most pizza places, we were in awe. The small was enough for the two of us for dinner and a hearty lunch of leftovers the next day. Do yourself a favor, the Northlake Tavern is worth the trip. We loved it.

There are newer reviews for Northlake Tavern & Pizza House

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Pizza is very good. It's like deep dish with less crust. There is no crust toppings go all the way. A small 3 topping was $21. I thought it was a little high but when it arrived to the table holy cow was it big. It became lunch and dinner. Great taste great ingredients. It's been there for ever they must be doing something right. Please note you must be 21 to go in. So not for the kids and only because of the law. I would take my kids there. Very nice atmosphere. However you can do carry out.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Opened in 1954, Northlake, which is near the University of Washington campus, has a publike atmosphere. What great pizza! The toppings are more than generous; they cover the entire pie. The sauce is flavorful and rich. The cheese is excellent. My only quibble would be the crust---a little crispy. My favorite pizza is Vincent's of Pittsburgh and Gino's of Chicago. Frank Pepe's in New Haven is good. But this is definitely 'best of the west'....Mike Birbiglia would approve! The service was outstanding; our waiter, Ryan was ever friendly and helpful with making suggestions about all the local beers they have on tap. The price was right. The experience memorable. This morning I am having breakfast leftovers from 'the logger' pizza, canadian bacon, black olives, green peppers, italian sausage, Yummy! Great get in Seattle!

1  Thank Frank B
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Pizza here is excellent! Pies are always thick and loaded with terrific high quality toppings. Great tavern atmosphere and we always come to catch the dawgs games. If you want the best pizza in Seattle - this is the place!

1  Thank GuinnessGus
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Northlake Tavern is a unique place. The walls are covered with David Horsey's drawings (local cartoonist that began drawing for the UW Daily, then the Seattle P-I and now for the L A Times), there are no windows because it is located under the I-5 freeway bridge so it would not matter, but the pizza is FABULOUS! NLT also offers a vast selection of beers on tap. I should not be telling anyone about this place, as the wait Friday and Saturday nights is long enough.

1  Thank Roberto D