“Great pizza!”

Neighborhood: University District
Bellevue, WA
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Pizza here is excellent! Pies are always thick and loaded with terrific high quality toppings. Great tavern atmosphere and we always come to catch the dawgs games. If you want the best pizza in Seattle - this is the place!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank GuinnessGus

Brier, Washington
“Best pizza in town.”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Northlake Tavern is a unique place. The walls are covered with David Horsey's drawings (local cartoonist that began drawing for the UW Daily, then the Seattle P-I and now for the L A Times), there are no windows because it is located under the I-5 freeway bridge so it would not matter, but the pizza is FABULOUS! NLT also offers a vast selection of beers on tap. I should not be telling anyone about this place, as the wait Friday and Saturday nights is long enough.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Roberto D
Seattle, Washington
“Very good, classic Seattle place”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I first came here in the mid-80's and it really has not changed. I know there is a new owner, and he was smart in maintaining the original formula.

The other positive reviews are enough, I don't need to expand. Except to say this is not pizza in the classic sense of the term. These pies are thick, and most of the thickness is made of of top quality ingredients. I like the Logger or one of the combo's. I only need 3 slices of a small pie to get pretty full. And I don't eat much of the crust, just the goodies.

Great selection of tap beers. And the house wine list is inexpensive and well chosen. Also recommend the house salad.

Visited December 2011
Seattle
“Not your average pizza...”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

So this is not a Chicago, New York or...well...really not a classifiable pizza joint. Northlake pizza (Herb's as us old timers remember it)is unique. The crust is thick and chewy...and the toppings always fresh and...enormous. Having downed many pizzas here over the last 40 years or so, be assured the taste and quality have never wavered. The beer flows nicely and the service always tops. The place gets very busy on weekends during a Huskey game but worth the wait.

Seattle, Washington
“Best pizza in the Northwest”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I've always heard how good Northlake Tavern pizza was and I finally got to experience it myself - let me just say that, "I was NOT disappointed!" The pizza is excellent and worth the trip, via car or boat. The atmosphere has that old tavern charm. I found the staff and other patrons very friendly. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed either!