“Delightfully Bizzarro”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I discovered this little gem when I first moved to Seattle in 99 and it never fails to put me in a great mood. You walk into a loud, fun and playful atmosphere and immediately feel happier. The food is tasty and well portioned. I loved the Forest frenzy (mushrooms) and my friend had the clam linguine and Puttanesca. Great wine choices. No complaints. Do not talk on your cell phone or you will be publicly called out. If your uptight, don't go here

There are newer reviews for Bizzarro Italian Cafe

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved the decor, it was quite the conversation started.
I went with a couple of colleagues and we shared the gnocchi, the lasagna, and the puttanesca. All were delicious, although when I go back, I'll eat the lasagna all by myself.
The beet salad was great, as was the tiramisu. This is definitely a place I'll go back to.
The only drawback was that they don't accept American Express.
Our server was very friendly and helpful for our first visit.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have dined at Bizarro a few times over the last few years and always enjoyed the food. The service is usually fine too. However, my most recent experience has made me never want to dine there again and I feel it was completely avoidable. I dined there with a friend in mid November and we split the check on each of our respective credit cards. I tipped on my card and he tipped in cash. When I reviewed my credit card statement, it showed my card was charged for both transactions. I left a voicemail for the restaurant and didn't hear anything after a week so I left a second voicemail. I eventually received a call from Jaedra who is according to the web site one of the owners, which makes my 'customer service' experience all the more surprising as you would assume an owner is invested - customers = livelihood. She was extremely rude, told me she couldn't locate the charges, directed me to ask my friend to pay me the balance(highly inappropriate!!)......when I objected to this as a solution, she told me not to be snarky with her and then proceeded to yell at me until I terminated the call. I am now having my credit card company deal with it. Such a terrible disregard for a customer and no respect at all and zero accountability for their mistake.

3  Thank DulcieVita
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews and seeing it was a DDD destination we decided to give it a try. Because we were driving all day we decided to take a cab from the Sheraton on 6th. It was about a 15 min ride which was $20 with tip.

The decor is funky and interesting. We got there at 630 on a Tuesday night and were seated right away. There were 3 of us. We ordered the clams appetizer which was good and very large and the rice balls. They were okay although they could have been alot creamier. For entrees one of us had the margarita bolognese. It was good although there was too much cheese melted on top of it. I had the highly recommended clam linguine. Here's where the food took a dive. There were plenty of clams but about 4 forkfuls of linguini. I love spicy foods but there must have been 2 jalapeños cut up in it making it very spicy and masking the flavor of the dish. The last person ordered the puttanesca. Again it was much too spicy. Since neither of these dishes is traditionally spicy we didn't think the heat added anything to them.
Again not a bad place but definitely not "off the hook.". Also too expensive for the food we got.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Everything here is awesome! Food, service, atmosphere, Bizzarro's has it all. We love the Margarita and the Pumpkin Ravioli was spectacular! The Forest Floor Frenzy and Clam Linguini are also must haves.