“Easy to understand its popularity”
Review of Paseo Caribbean

Paseo Caribbean
Ranked #88 of 4,216 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fremont
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The queues that consistently form in front of the Fremont Paseo are a clear sign of its popularity. Once you've ordered and your name is called, and you've got whatever it is you've selected in hand and have tasted it it's easy to understand why so many people are willing to stand in line. Paseo serves some of the best grilled food I've had anywhere. Just reading the menu makes you hungry. The staff is adept at handling the number of people who come to eat this tasty food so the lines move quickly. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Delicious food...the lines are worth standing! My sister-in-law,who lives in Seattle knew to look at the menu online and then call in the order. We called it in an hour before we planned on picking it up...and we still had to wait a while!

1  Thank BTKR
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Simply delicious sandwiches. The toasted bread, the aoili spread, the caramelized onions, and the pork. Did I say the caramelized onions? The restaurant is teeny tiny, with only a handful of tables, so we ended up eating standing up in the driveway of the establishment's neighbor, but we didn't mind because we were loving every bit of our sandwiches. We also didn't mind waiting in the line, because it moved pretty quickly, the folks in line were fun and the smells of the food were rapturous. Definitely worth a return trip (for take-out, maybe this time).

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ok... I have seen this place for a while and finally decided to go. My daughter had been there and suggested we take our nephew visiting from S. Cal. 1st thing I noticed was the long line (8 to10 people) that never seemed to get shorter even towards closing time! Must be something about this food! We all ordered the #2.. yummmm... Like I said in the Title.. a bit greasy, but one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. We grabbed our food and b-lined it down the road to Shilshole and sat at a picnic table devouring our new favorite sandwich. Only real complaint I had was lack of napkins! Take a bunch, cause they are deliciously messy!!! I told a co-worker about it and 3 days later they went and had the same experience! They loved it. And btw... don't pass on the jalapenos, they complete the overall taste! TY Paseo!!! p.s. atmosphere rated at a 10... but maybe not in pouring rain!

1  Thank Frogwashme
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I seriously can't stop thinking about the sandwich I had here and I'm trying to convince my husband to drive back to Seattle so I can get another! :-) The line actually moves really quickly so don't be deterred when you see a long line. I had whatever it says the most popular sandwich is and my husband had the cuban press. Everything was perfect and phenomenal. Ok, I'm hungry now . . .

1  Thank IslandHopperKW