“Nice sandwich that didn't meet the hype”
Review of Paseo Caribbean

Paseo Caribbean
Ranked #92 of 4,168 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fremont
“Nice sandwich that didn't meet the hype”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a business trip to Seattle, the people we were working with raved about Paseo's pulled pork sandwich, declaring it the nicest sandwich they'd ever eaten. Indeed, if you read some of the reviews for this place, one would expect that the sandwiches would be served by a beautiful mermaid and arrive adorned with a Faberge egg. With all that expectation, it was perhaps unsurprising that the sandwich wasn't quite the culinary renaissance that I had been expected. The pork was very nice, the caramelized onions are certainly delicious, but then you'd expect that from a $10 takeaway sandwich.

If you like big messy sandwiches then I'd certainly recommend giving this place a try. Just don't go in with the feeling that after this, every other sandwich you eat will be tragically disappointing.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Maryville, Tennessee
“The best thing we ate in Seattle!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We caught the number 5 bus and ended up being just around the corner. We shared the number 2 and it was amazing!!! Just like everyone else says its a juicy messy sandwich but so worth it. It was not like any sandwich I ever had and was worth the bus ride.

We tried many of the top rated resturants while in Seattle and this was the best! Go get one of these sandwiches!

• Visited July 2013
Anchorage
“Excellent sandwich”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Popularly known as Cuban food but billed as Caribbean on the menu board a mixture of pork, fish, and vegetarian dishes. Bought 2 of the sandwiches and a rice and bean bowl with chicken thighs. Everything very well made but not particularly Cuban to my background of 10 years in Key West. Having said that, still must say excellent value and very well made. Also very clean for such a small outdoor stand. Bathroom also nice.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank amdam
Los Angeles, California
“WOW!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This has got to be one of the best sandwiches I've eaten. My wife and I were lucky enough to get a table (only 6-7 total), however I would've eaten on the curb if I had too :) Have napkins ready because sandwiches can get messy and be ready to wait in line for a while, a long while. However, it's all worthwhile. Seems like many locals get their food to go, but if you are not a local try to have someone snab a table to enjoy these amazing sandwiches. Will definitely come back if I'm ever in Seattle again.

Visited June 2013
Morris, Minnesota
“You'd better be hungry!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with two friends and each of us got a different sandwich: the Cuban Roast, the Grilled Pork, and the Fish of the Day (cod). The sandwiches were all good, but I don't really understand the over-the-top raves of the other reviews here. I preferred the grilled pork to the Cuban, finding it leaner and with flavor more to my taste. All of the sandwiches were huge and EXTREMELY messy (next time I would split one with a friend). The service was very friendly and our wait wasn't long, perhaps because we arrived at about 1pm on a weekday. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for a repeat visit but it is worth a stop if you are very hungry and in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2013