“Great value for great sushi!”
Review of Kisaku

Kisaku
Reserve with OpenTable
Kisaku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #919 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed August 11, 2012

So I'm from the east coast so I was not used to the offerings but I was pleasantly surprised. Warm towelettes prior to dining and attentive service. The sushi dinner and tempura dinner split between 6 was an affordable way to sample prior to ordering more for party of six. Eel and avocado roll was off the hook. Unagi was perfectly prepared. WallIngford roll was yummy too! Thumbs up!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband & I used a Bloomspot coupon and we pleased with the place and food overall.
It is nice to have a good Japanese restaurant in the neighborhood.
Good for small groups, reasonable prices, not too loud, family- oriented place.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great sushi and very reasonable prices. A great omakase sushi negri with a beer and green tea was around 120 usd - which for the very high quality was a steal. Be aware that the location seems to be in the middle of a residential neighboughood - but the food is clearly worth making a detour for.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I have being going to Kisaku for the past 6 years. We find it to be one of the best sushi restaurants in the Seattle area. Shiro's in Belltown is comparable but the bill will be 40-50% higher. We almost always eat at the sushi bar where the owner Nakano San knows what we like and ALWAYS provides us with the freshest, most wonderful fish. We generally eat a lot sashimi so fresh fish is important. I am in love with their Albacore, otoro, hamachi belly, miragai, and the uni, especially when it it sweet. In November Nakano prepares his own salmon roe, which is worth 2 or 3 orders.

The non-sushi items are also wonderful. Hamachi kama, soft shell crab tempura, the sunomo's, oysters, and other specials that are on the chalk board always superb.

Kisaku will not disappoint. If you don't feel really good after eating there, you are not a sushi person.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you are prepared to leave it up to the wonderful skills of their sushi chefs instead of ordering off the menu you will enjoy better food than ordinarily available in Tokyo. I am a regular visitor to Tokyo, but Kisaku would have to be my favorite 'family style' - Japanese restaurant.