“Great lunch, so many choices!”
Review of Chiso

Chiso
Ranked #1,147 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fremont
Seattle, USA
“Great lunch, so many choices!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you love Japanese food, this is the place to come! It has a very large menu with some unusual dishes and sushi chefs at the back even at lunch. We always have a hard time deciding what to have. Everything is tasty but I have to go back for the black cod.

Visited February 2013

Seattle
“Wonderful sushi”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of the best sushi places in the city. The hamachi is great and the chirasi bowls are wonderful. Service is excellent. Go before 7:00 PM or you may have to wait.

Visited August 2012
South West U.S.
“Sushi = Hamburger = Neil Young”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I love seafood, especially raw seafood, which is one of the reasons I come to the northwest each fall, to eat fresh seafood. Don't get me wrong, the raw, fresh seafood we ate at Chiso was excellent. But isn't that the case of any sushi restaurant I would choose to go to? Right? Do your research, get a friends opinion, and never be disappointed. Okay, so I am not a connoisseur, I have probably only been to a couple of dozen sushi places around the country over the years. I really can't tell one from another. They are all really good, but all really the same, which is why I rate Chiso as average, because it is like all the other excellent sushi restaurants.

Can't someone take sushi out of the box it is in? As an example, think of all the different ways in which a simple hamburger is done. Cooking, presentation, atmosphere. Or how Neil Young has been playing the same 3 chords for all my life, yet he continues to present them in creative and inventive ways.

Please, someone?

• Visited September 2012
Seattle
“Oh my gosh Omakase”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I had the house omakase dinner at Chiso last nite - superb. From a wonderful crab miso soup, asparagus-green bean-spinach plate, delicious salmon tartare with salmon roe, "sashimi duck", extraordinarily fresh sushi plate. All very nicely paced and delicious.

• Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“paradise for your palate”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Along with the best, freshest ingredients and traditional sushi offerings, Chiso has an array of dishes which tempt your taste buds. Stand outs are the spinach and avocado salad and shiso mojito. Their happy hour is unrivaled. Unagi and avocado, spicy tuna, and more.

• Visited August 2012