“Still Not Enjoyable”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I haven't been to this Cafe in about a year & was hoping that the last visit was a not-so-pleasant fluke - unfortunately Not the case. One of the items that this shop used to be known for was their soup, however since they ran out of their "selections" before 1:00, I couldn't say. My runner-up choice was something that I had not tried here before: Egg, cheddar & bacon sandwich. I wish that I had kept moving down the menu. Beside the almost 20 minute wait & two servers commenting on "How long I'd been waiting", the sandwich was not impressive at all. Extremely Greasy and with what I hoped was simply extremely over-cooked bacon pieces, which I removed as soon as I discovered it. The desserts weren't nearly impressive as they had been a few years ago. One new item on the menu (at least to me) was a chocolate crepe that was being served to another customer - it may entice me back for one more visit, but I'll have to think long on that one.

Reviewed December 2, 2008

Lost a * for slow service. Delicious sammies, AMAZING desserts.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Yum Yum Yum. From savory croissants to tiny european style desserts, it's nom nom delish. Best thing? Their reuben hands down.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 1, 2008

As one of Seattle's longest established artisan bread producers, Essential Baking produces an extensive line of organic breads and pastries. While their breads and baked goods are available at most local markets, you need to go to the Wallingford cafe to sample an array of baked goods, sandwiches, and savory/sweet treats.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed July 4, 2008

I love there panini sandwiches, tomato, basil, fresh mozzarrella and balsamic vinegar.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook