“Sushi and sake!!”
Review of Mashiko

Mashiko
Ranked #270 of 4,096 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa barbara
“Sushi and sake!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

From Santa Barbara ca. Took our 4 and 6 yr olds. Food was excellent, sake was smooth staff was super nice, good atmosphere- enjoy!!

• Visited August 2014

Grapevine, Texas
“Awesome place!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

A pretty small place so expect to wait a bit but well worth the wait. The sushi is just so fresh! Be sure to sit at the sushi bar, best seats in the house!

Seattle, Washington
“Unbelievable Experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was taken to Mashiko by a wonderful family member in a joint birthday dinner for me my son-in-law and my daughter. This was by no means a typical Japanese restaurant; the chef had his own creative twist on every item we ate. We had a three hour, approximately 10 course, sushi experience, with a Chef's Choice "Honkaku". I thought I knew sushi but this was a delightful and novel experience. Every dish was served individually with a description by the wait staff. The toppers for me were the prosciutto wrapped seared scallops with flying fish roe, the spicy Hawaiian ahi poke, and the sea snail/whelk.

We finished the meal with Jasmine Crème Brulee, which was to die for.

The owner is committed to sustainable fishing, which was a bonus to an amazing experience.

• Visited June 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was one of the best sushi experiences I've had. The service was exceptional. Our server was very excited to tell us about the choices and quite knowledgeable as well. My girlfriend is allergic to refined sugar and so cannot eat many foods on the menu so they catered to us in order to accommodate her unique diet. The atmosphere was fun but not overwhelming, and afforded enough privacy for a conversation and wasn't too loud to hear. The food was delicious! I'm a big sushi fan and eat a lot on my travels, but I'm certainly not an expert. I really enjoyed my experience here!

• Visited April 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great sushi--and sustainable, too”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went to Mashiko with a friend who loves sushi but who had stopped eating it because of the problems with depletion of fisheries. You can eat shshi at Mashiko without guilt because the chef is scrupulous about only using sustainable products. And it's great sushi, too. The three of us had the chef's choice "umi" menu (all uncooked fish) and loved it.

• Visited March 2014