“Worth a look if your close by” 4 of 5 bubbles

King Street Station
London, United Kingdom
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Worth a look if your close by”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

As stations go this is a nice place to sit and wait for a train. It is not on the scale of Grand Central Station in NY, but it very well decorated. I doubt I would make a trip to see it but if passing by or getting a train it is worth a look.

1 Thank Davetheaddick

• Korean first
Fleet, Hampshire
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Beautiful building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although rail travel in the US is a mere shadow of what it was, some reminders of the "glory days" remain. King Street station is just one of those.

It's perhaps not the best, most well-equipped station, but as a piece of architecture it's magnificent.

You must go into the main waiting area and take a look around - especially at the wonderful ceiling. If you can, climb the stars to the gallery to get a whole different perspective of this great space.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank rexbarker
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Lovely Place to Catch a Train!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Even though we were there far too early in the morning, I noticed how pretty this little train station is. Helpful staff, close to bus stops and coffee shops (of course), clean and pretty interior.

1 Thank Courtney B
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“3 Stars might be too generous.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently took the Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver and back again. It was fairly convenient going out, as we were staying nearby. But coming back, we were rather disappointed. Our train arrived in after 10pm at night. This is a regularly scheduled train. We, along with a few other people, including a single mother with a young child who was barely awake, were planning to take the Light Rail from King Street area to the airport as we all had hotels near SeaTac. It was advertised as being convenient, but when we arrived, we were told that the elevators were shut down at 8pm because the building is owned by the city an they shut them down at 8pm. This was in no way convenient as we then all had to drag our suitcases up the stairs to the street level where the Light Rail station is located. I'm also not sure how this is allowed with ADA laws. What if there was a handicapped person trying to reach that street level? They would have been stuck because the elevators were shut down. I was also very disappointed that the baggage handlers did not offer any assistance to the mother who had 2 large suitcases and a small child to deal with at that late hour. I'm just glad that my husband and I were there so we could offer some assistance. I think the city of Seattle really needs to rethink shutting the elevators down when they know more trains will be arriving after 8pm.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank kelleigh1
Manistique
165 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Station is beautiful but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband & I were taking the Amtrak from Seattle to Denver so we walked to King Street station the day before departure to see how long it would take from our hotel. The walk was doable but I was a little uneasy about the neighborhoods we had to go through- seemed to be quite a few homeless and others just milling around. As it turned out, it was raining the morning we left, so we ended up taking a cab. The station itself is beautiful but kind of stark.

2 Thank MstqMI