“Lovely Place to Catch a Train!”

King Street Station
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Lovely Place to Catch a Train!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Even though we were there far too early in the morning, I noticed how pretty this little train station is. Helpful staff, close to bus stops and coffee shops (of course), clean and pretty interior.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Courtney B

• Korean first
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“3 Stars might be too generous.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently took the Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver and back again. It was fairly convenient going out, as we were staying nearby. But coming back, we were rather disappointed. Our train arrived in after 10pm at night. This is a regularly scheduled train. We, along with a few other people, including a single mother with a young child who was barely awake, were planning to take the Light Rail from King Street area to the airport as we all had hotels near SeaTac. It was advertised as being convenient, but when we arrived, we were told that the elevators were shut down at 8pm because the building is owned by the city an they shut them down at 8pm. This was in no way convenient as we then all had to drag our suitcases up the stairs to the street level where the Light Rail station is located. I'm also not sure how this is allowed with ADA laws. What if there was a handicapped person trying to reach that street level? They would have been stuck because the elevators were shut down. I was also very disappointed that the baggage handlers did not offer any assistance to the mother who had 2 large suitcases and a small child to deal with at that late hour. I'm just glad that my husband and I were there so we could offer some assistance. I think the city of Seattle really needs to rethink shutting the elevators down when they know more trains will be arriving after 8pm.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank kelleigh1
Manistique
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Station is beautiful but....”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband & I were taking the Amtrak from Seattle to Denver so we walked to King Street station the day before departure to see how long it would take from our hotel. The walk was doable but I was a little uneasy about the neighborhoods we had to go through- seemed to be quite a few homeless and others just milling around. As it turned out, it was raining the morning we left, so we ended up taking a cab. The station itself is beautiful but kind of stark.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank MstqMI
Athens, Attiki, Greece
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a Lovely Old Station”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We took the train from Seattle to Whitefish, MT on a recent visit to see family. The King Street Station was such a nice surprise . The ceiling was beautiful. A little step back in time. The overnight train ride with views of The Cascades was very nice. The beautiful view is the same but I highly recommend the sleeper car if possible. Fun.

Visited April 2014
Fort Pierce, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but impractical.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

After hearing about all the money and time spent on this station, we were a little disappointed with it. It is an extremely beautiful facility but totally impractical. Why didn't they spend some of that money on making the station a more useful facility for today's passengers. There was no lounge for sleeping car passengers, no tables near seats, very few hard to find electric outlets, the vending machines (1 beverage and 1 snack) were both out of order, and the announcements echoed so much they were hard to understand.
On the plus side, the station employees were very helpful and friendly.

Visited March 2014