“Enjoyed Seattle so much”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JaneSp57
Noosa, Australia
“Enjoyed Seattle so much ”
Reviewed May 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We loved our stay here in Seattle. The accommodation was clean and great and easy access to shops, restaurants and sightseeing. Great complex. It took us a while to understand how and what we could access but in the end all was good. Car parking, service on entry and exit was all good. Thanks for a great stay.

Bill C
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Location , Location , Location”
Reviewed May 19, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

In the heart of the action. Easy transit nearby. Safe , clean and comfortable. Plenty of restaurants , bars nearby.

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Ann P
Anchorage, Alaska
“A Great Location with Average Units”
Reviewed March 16, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I stayed in several Seattle Stay Alfred Harbor Steps apartments over a seven week period.

Harbor Steps is a fabulous location, with covered parking and many building amenities. Due to the timing of my stay, I ended up moving several times within Harbor Steps... renting a studio, a one bedroom and several two bedroom Stay Alfred apartments. While my stays were primarily solo, my spouse visited and I hosted guests periodically.

The apartments and kitchen were clean (Clean bedding, dust free, tubs/sinks clean), and there were always comfortable beds. But the furniture ranged from worn to adequate. In every instance, the carpet was dirty with worn "trails." . On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give the units I stayed in an overall rating of 6.5.

The Harbor Step location and the Harbor steps complex are definitely a plus. But inside the Stay Alfred apartments, little things - like no kleenex, plugs that don't hold water in the tubs, and adequate but unslightly kitchen equipment were annoying. As I moved between units it became confusing. In one word I can describe the over-riding condition of Stay Alfred apartments: inconsistency.

I was continually surprised by what glasses, mixing bowls, baking pans, and cutlery knives would be available. Some units had scissors, some did not. Some had nice appliances, some average and in one case, a microwave that was worn, ugly, and didn't match other appliances. Except for the dishes and beverage glasses, many of the kitchen items looked like they were purchased at a garage sale. And although expensive pots and pans were in some units, Stay Alfred had failed to consider that these expensive pots were not made to go in the dishwasher....and although the pots and pans were functional, they looked awful.

On a more positive note, my multiple relocations really challenged the customer support capability of Stay Alfred's customer service and reservation systems. I found the customer service personnel on the 800 lines and those supporting a guest while in the apartment to be wonderful. Most of my customer service interaction was via phone or email . The Stay Alfred customer service personnel were energetic, fun, and they keenly tried to meet a guest's requests or needs. This attitude was consistent and available 24 hours a day. But my multiple attempts to extend my stay, exposed delays and data retrieval difficulty in both reservations and in the retrieval of historical information. It literally took the manual "bridging" by the customer service personnel to get clear information on city-wide availability...or summary information of my several stays.

We have stayed in vacation rental units for over twenty years and all over the world. My husband and I travel extensively...and visit many of the cities where Stay Alfred has apartments. I became curious about what Stay Alfred, as a vacation rental entity, was. And so, I investigated the Stay Alfred web site. From the web site, I learned that the company has achieved very rapid growth and acquired apartments in many urban high demand locations. On the web site, Stay Alfred apartments appear to be very attractive and inviting...and described as "luxury" units.

I acknowledge that my Seattle Stay Alfred experience may not be the norm in all cities. However, it is my opinion that Stay Alfred's aggressive growth may be outstripping the company's ability to achieve consistency at the individual apartment level. Good value, good locations, but certainly not luxury apartments.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Inconsistency of apartment furnishing and fixtures
Traveling group: Other
Families with young children
Management Response
Apr 13, 2016
Hi Ann. Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed and honest feedback. Your experience across so many of our Harbor Steps properties gives you a unique perspective of our company.
The Harbor Steps is certainly one of our best locations, but it can be a challenge to deliver the consistency we're proud of. I would like to personally assure you that I have taken your valuable feedback to heart. We are implementing our new standardization process to make sure that the types of issues you mentioned like mismatched kitchen implements and worn-out furniture are addressed as soon as they're noticed. We understand that it's these little things that make a vacation rental truly exceptional. I appreciate your kind words about our Guest Services folks; we're extremely proud of the great job they do.
Thank you again for choosing Stay Alfred for your extended visit to Seattle. I look forward to hosting you again in the future and giving you the 5-star experience that we strive for.
Jordan Allen, president
Seattle
Reviewed March 15, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Sharonrz
Park City, Utah
“Location, location, location!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We stayed in Harbor Steps SE203 and couldn't be any happier! The location of the complex is perfect for getting around the city quickly. The amenities; pool, workout room, basketball court to name a few; offered make staying at the complex a great value.

The condo is very spacious and appointed very well with everything to an extended stay. All of the furnishings are in great condition and are comfortable to live with. The unit is located on the second floor and fronts a rather busy street but we found this to not be an issue at all even though we did have the windows open to enjoy from cool fresh air.

My wife and I look forward to coming back to Seattle and will definitely look to stay at this unit again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We enjoy staying at Harbor Steps for the location in the city!
Liked least: Harbor Steps has no air conditioning in the building but I did notice a portable a/c unit in the closet...
Friends getaway Older travelers
Meridith...
“Condo comfortable but not w/out issues”
Reviewed March 8, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

The condo was not the one depicted in the pictures. It was nice overall but had some issues. The shower drain backs up horribly & the stove exhaust vents into a kitchen cabinet. The seats on the kitchen table chairs are not attached & some of the foot/support bars are loose. The balcony is not really a balcony, rather is is a juliet balcony that leads to a very nice courtyard but the "balcony" is useless. The blinds did not fit the windows properly and were bent. We did not feel like we had much privacy as you can see through the blinds very easily. The bed is too large for the room & bumps up almost to the closet door making it impossible to open the closet door all the way and difficult to pass by the bed. Boards are missing on the bed frame so the mattress is not adequately supported. If you sit too close to one end, the mattress will slip. Most of our issues would be easy to fix. The location of the condo was great and the place was pretty clean with a nicely stocked kitchen. Overall, we had a nice stay but if we were to stay again, we'd look for another Stay Alfred condo from the one we had.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the building
Liked least: the actual condo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Management Response
Mar 10, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback, Meridith. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Seattle despite the issues you had. We will make sure to pass your comments along to our maintenance staff to make sure that these issues are addressed for future guests. Give us a call the next time you are in town and we'll ensure you receive a 5-star experience.
Wolfgang...
Linz, Austria
“Nice Appartment Downtown Seattle”
Reviewed March 2, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Very nice location, friendly staff. Room very spacious and clean. Three minutes walk to Pike Market, Seattle Art Museum just across the road. The pool however was in another building (which is not so convenient as we thought) and appeared as not being cared about too much, but we are very picky about that, since we have a pool at home ourselves ;-)

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Indoor Pool
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing