“Everything is so modern and new!”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome! entry on first floor
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome! entry on first floor
living room looking toward kitchen
warm inviting gas fireplace, sofa bed
The balcony
Dining area
The kitchen....
...airy and bright...
...and fully equipped
half bath next to kitchen
Welcome to the bedroom
Same bedroom, different bedspread
Alcove with desks
Full bath with tub next to bedroom
Peaceful patio...
The nearby Locks
Space Needle
The Olympics from the Space Needle
Sunset over the Olympics
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ying Z
“Everything is so modern and new!”
Reviewed May 4, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I feel everything in the house is of high quality. Best washer/dryer and oven that I've ever used. Highly recommend!

May 8, 2017
So glad you found the abode and to your liking. And thanks for the lovely review. Please do come back. We enjoy having former guests so much that we offer you a bit of a discount!
BJ111
Seattle
“Home-Away-From-Home Feel”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We've really enjoyed our stay in the Ballard Abode. Thelma's attention to details made for a comfortable stay that was easy and stress-free. It definitely had a home-away-from-home feel. The place was very clean and had everything we needed for a very comfortable stay. The garage where we were able to park the car made parking just that much easier. We will certainly consider this place again for our next visit to Seattle.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Thelma's attention to details. Parking in the garage. Access to washer and dryer.
Liked least: nothing comes to mind
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Dec 18, 2016
So glad you had a good time at the abode and in Seattle! And thanks for the lovely review. Please do come back. We enjoy having former guests so much that we offer you a bit of a discount!
Sugarloaf...
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Good base for visiting Seattle”
Reviewed September 29, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Good communications and no problem with accessing the apartment. The description 'cosy' really means relatively small but it's well equipped. The main living floor has a balcony you can sit out on and there's also a small garden you can use. The main bedroom is huge but it's a shame there's only a queen bed in it. At the end of a three weeks trip to the US & Canada we'd got used to having huge beds.
You are told the garage would only fit a compact car so I wasn't surprised my rental SUV wouldn't fit. Street parking is free but always busy so finding a parking space can be time consuming.
It's a short walk to all the restaurants and bars in Ballard so the location is good. There's also a large Safeway a few blocks away.
The previous two rentals on this trip were very minimalist on do's/don'ts and instructions to guests so I found all the notes that are stuck around the apartment a bit off putting. I thought we had fairly complex re-cycling and rubbish collection at home but it's nothing compared to Seattle.

Liked least: All the instructions
Dec 18, 2016
Thank you for your review. We do have the place well equipped and are happy when people use the lovely garden and patio area. I'm sorry that the notes were upsetting. They are actually a result of questions that former guests have asked, a collection of answers to FAQs you might say.
BT-Travel...
“Nice 2 Story Condo in Ballard, Wa”
Reviewed September 27, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for 4 nights in Sept. Vacationing in Seattle area. Directions and checkin went smoothly. There is a garage on street level and was able to park our rental a Toyota Camry. It was tight, but manageable. There is a washer/dryer at back of garage and also leads to a small back garden. On main level, full kitchen, living room, balcony, half bath and small dining table for 2. Upstairs, full bath and large bedroom with double bed and dual desks. WiFi throughout unit. There is a binder on book shelf on main level outlining the procedures with respect to garbage, WiFi login, bathroom fans etc...nice neighbourhood thou streets are a bit tight. There was ongoing construction while we were there across the street so it was a tad noisy at times. The TV in living room was quite small but had a good selection of channels. Would have been nice to have a TV in the bedroom. The bedroom was quite large and could have easily fit a Queen or Kngsize bed. A few supplies were missing: ie...kleenex and garbage bags. Overall, the accommodations were modern and clean. Would recommend to all and would not hesitate to stay again if we are in the area.

Liked best: Compact, modern townhouse
Liked least: 2 levels of stairs, having to strip sheets, towels and place in washer early morning of our departure
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Dec 18, 2016
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our townhouse and thanks for your kind words. You did indeed sleep a queen size bed in the bedroom. I'm so sorry about the missing supplies. Our cleaning crew failed to let us know but they have been reminded how important it is to keep the supplies stocked.
BucketLis...
Melbourne, Australia
“A home away from home”
Reviewed September 2, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ballard Abode. It is a very comfortable and well equipped three level townhouse in a lovely area. It is close to restaurants and shops and a couple of blocks away from the D line rapid link bus which will have you downtown in around 25 minutes. The owner was easy to communicate with and we would have no hesitation in recommending Ballard Abode.

Sep 2, 2016
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you two will visit Seattle again. Don't forget that on your next visit you'll have a little discount when you book with us.
Karen H
“Beautiful home, beautiful location, excellent host/hostess even from far away”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

This was our first time using FlipKey and based on our experience we would do it again.

My husband and I traveled to Seattle to visit colleges with our 17 year old daughter.
The Ballard Abode was walking distance from several restaurants and coffee shops. Even my walking-averse husband enjoyed walking to and from the various streets in the neighborhood. =)

There is a grocery store - QFC - just a couple blocks away, which we visited as well. The prices were good - not "city prices" like we thought we might find. They too were helpful and friendly.

We found one of the BEST ice cream and cupcake shops ever on Market Street called Cupcake Royale. Go there!!

The Pho Big Bowl on Market was also good, as well as the Ballard Coffee Works.

We managed to stay three days in Seattle without visiting a Starbucks, normally one of our normal "haunts" when we travel. But there are so many excellent coffee shops in Seattle, you don't need to go to Starbucks!

The home itself was clean, organized, and well-situated. The description on FlipKey is accurate.

We used the air mattress (a 16" tall mattress with auto-fill), rather than the pullout sofa because it was more comfortable for my husband who has back problems.

My daughter and I shared the queen bed upstairs. I like a very firm bed, and personally it was a bit soft, but it was a very good bed and my daughter loved it. That is not a complaint at all, just information for people who have back issues. =-)

Thelma was a big help and answered all our questions. She answered her phone whenever we called, or called back ASAP when she was able.

The Ballard Locks were interesting and we got to see some Salmon in the run.

If you stay at Ballard Abode you will feel safe and you will not have to drive anywhere if you don't want to. We did drive, but you definitely don't have to. You will have a wonderful location in the City!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Sep 2, 2016
Karen, Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We hope you will come visit again. We like to have repeat guests and offer a little discount when you book next time.
ReaderPat
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Property in a Perfect Location”
Reviewed April 14, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Ballard Abode for 33 days. I first picked the location I wanted to stay in (proximity to the things I needed . . . my two sons who live in Greenwood, public transportation, coffee shops, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.). After contacting several property owners, I settled on the Ballard Abode due to the reasons listed above and the fact that when I contacted Thelma, she responded quickly. She was a dream to work with before
and during my stay when I had questions.

It did turn out to be the perfect location. Within a few blocks were three grocery stores, several bus lines that I used, and all the restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and other retail stores I needed for my stay.

I found the property to be in pristine condition and spotless. The kitchen had everything I needed (and more) for the meals I prepared there. I appreciated the quiet and safe neighborhood, the keypad lock on the door, the washer and dryer, the downstairs hooks for my rain jacket and floor space for my shoes, the gas fireplace for cool mornings, the large deck door which let in daytime light and allowed me to watch the birds, the large closet and abundance of hangers in the bedroom, the comfortable bed, the thick towels and crisp sheets, and the welcome flowers that were waiting for me.

I will definitely return to the Ballard Abode.

Liked best: Loation
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Apr 15, 2016
Pat, you were the perfect guest and we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay. You are always welcome at the abode. Please plan to come again and receive our return guest discount on your next visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing