“Wonderful food!!”

The Grill From Ipanema
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill From Ipanema is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 4,321 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Battery and Bell
Description: Located near Downtown Seattle in Belltown, The Grill From Ipanema offers a unique, authentic Brazilian dining experience. Rodizio is a popular Brazilian style of enjoying dinner among friends.Rodizio offers a wide variety of different cuts of beef, lamb, pork, poultry, fish and vegetables slowly roasted in specially designed charcoal grills that preserve all the natural flavors.Our Rodizio also includes unlimited visits to our "Mesa de Frios" (cold table) where you'll find an array of cold cuts, cheeses, salads, and exotic Brazilian specialties to compliment your meal (including many vegetarian dishes).
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This place has the BEST food. I recommend the Rodizio, where you can enjoy a little bit of everything. Service was good in the dining area. Bar was slow & the stress was obvious amongst the bar staff. They ran out of wine glasses...so I drank wine from an brandy snifter. If they fix that, it would have perfect. Overall, still great!

1  Thank Eric R

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Although they had 16 ounce steaks on the menu which seemed a little bit too much, we ordered their special which was buffet for vegetables/salads/fruit and different meats brought to your table for you to try. I really enjoyed trying different types of meat and as a result probably easily consumed 16 ounces.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Their hummus & flat bread were the best I've had. Both entrees we had were delicious. Such great flavor! Would highly recommend!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had read reviews elsewhere about this restaurant and was a little hesitant for our maiden visit, but my friend purchased a groupon and off we went to experience it first-hand.

We started off at happy hour, sitting right at the bar. They have a very reasonable happy hour menu and the bartender was friendly and extremely accomodating. He advised us we could be seated before our reservation and asked us if we wanted a booth or a table. Nice. Then, he personally went to secure a table for us with an excellent view. Impressive. We weren't even celebrating a special occasion.

Our table turned out to be wonderful, our service was excellent, and I found the food to be awesome! The Rodizio is the way to go. Expecting the cold bar buffet to have only cold items, I was pleasantly surprised to find it included hot soups and other hot "entrees." This was a big plus. The Manager visited tables to ensure everyone was enjoying their meal. All servers interacted so nicely with their specific tables.

The atmosphere is beautiful, the music/drinks transported me and it was a truly excellent meal in all regards. I've since purchased additional groupons, which are an excellent value. Others have written: "If you have been to Fogo de Chao, you will be disappointed." I've been to Fogo, and I was not disappointed with Ipanema at ALL.

I can't wait to return!! Enjoy!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The minute we walked into the door this place was impressive. It was a very big area yet the atmosphere at each table still seemed intimate. And the view... HOLY COW the view. It was beautiful! You could see a couple apartment buildings but over them looked right into the bay and we got to watch the sun go down and the bay light up. stunning. The food was nothing short of amazing. My husband and I chose to do the "Rodizio" where Daniel, our VERY hospitable server, suggested we start with the unlimited salad bar. The salad bar laughs in the face of the iceburg bland crap most "salad bars" offer. There were at least 4 different kinds of fruit salads, several kinds of soups (including ratatouille), a cheese/meat/olive mix, baked pears, crisp green beans, plus tons more that wouldn't fit on my plate! The next step of Rodizio was to flip our "paddle" over to green and let the meat wave in. SEVENTEEN different meats from tri-tip to Parmesan pork, not to mention bacon wrapped steak, sausage, shrimp and cheese steak. There were so many we were stuffed before we even tried them all! They bring a huge skewer of meat to the table where the server cuts a slice for you. You then use your tongs and wait for them to finish the cut (DONT PULL!). The price was completely worth the taste and amount. There wasn't a meat there I didn't like. The flavor on each was full and delicious. If you ever get a chance to go to a Brazilian steakhouse DEFINITELY go!