“Amazing Experience!”

The Grill From Ipanema
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill From Ipanema is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 4,304 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Battery and Bell
Description: Located near Downtown Seattle in Belltown, The Grill From Ipanema offers a unique, authentic Brazilian dining experience. Rodizio is a popular Brazilian style of enjoying dinner among friends.Rodizio offers a wide variety of different cuts of beef, lamb, pork, poultry, fish and vegetables slowly roasted in specially designed charcoal grills that preserve all the natural flavors.Our Rodizio also includes unlimited visits to our "Mesa de Frios" (cold table) where you'll find an array of cold cuts, cheeses, salads, and exotic Brazilian specialties to compliment your meal (including many vegetarian dishes).
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I came here after we brought a Groupon and we were both very pleased! The restaurant is beautiful and definitely well suited for a date night. My husband and I both had the Rodizio. We started off at the salad bar and were pleased with the options. My husband really liked the potato salad and I liked the fruit salad. After going back to the table and flipping our card to green, a plethora of meat choices started appearing. Everything was absolutely delicious! Perfectly seasoned, flavorful and very moist. Our favorites were the Parmesan crusted pork, sirloin, filet mignon, and grilled pineapple. Honestly, there wasn't a single thing we tried that we didn't like. Very pleased with our experience and would go back!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a Groupon deal - first visit. My husband did the Rodizio, and I took the unlimited salad bar option. Salad bar first- it's huge and had some seafood options, lots of salads, fruit and cheeses. Lots of good stuff. There are also some hot choices - black beans and rice is one I saw. As in any buffet there are hits and misses. There were crisp green beans that were one of my favorites. It is indeed unlimited, so my advice is take small sampling a of many dishes and go back for more of what you like. $28 for a salad bar IS a lot - but this is not your average salad bar. Now for Rodizio. Meats are brought around and you choose what you want to taste. You will only be given a small slice and the first reaction is 45.95 for this tiny bite? Hang in there - there are so many meats to try and you can try everything or only what you like. At the end of the meal (which is when you can't eat anymore meat) you will be full!
The restaurant is really beautiful inside and has a nice waterfront view. All in all, if you love meat and like to try different things (buffalo,boar) this is the place for you!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I got the Groupon deal and tried to get in for lunch. But they stopped serving lunch at 2. So I went back for dinner on a Sunday night. The Rodizio came with the "salad bar" which had a wide variety of food: pasta, salad, antipasto, and so on. If you like meat, don't load up on the salad bar because the meat will keep coming! If you haven't been there before, don't be surprised what little portion they serve you on the meat. It is to your best benefit! If you are full in the beginning, you will miss out the rest of the meat. They had ribeye, filet mignon, tri tip, sirlon, cheese steak, peppered steak, lamb, beef rib, pork, and some others that I can't recall. All of them are very flavorful! I also had the drink cucumber elegant which was all right. If $46 per person is a bit too much for you, try it for lunch which is $26 per person.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was fantastic. We had a party of 6 and the meat kept coming. We are A LOT and the caipirinha's were fantastic. I only had the traditional one but some others at the table chose some with the fruit and enjoyed it too. The salad bar was pretty good too. But my word if advice is to try a little of that and save room for the streak, chicken, pork, and shrimp. :-)

1  Thank Shad S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had visited another Brazilian restaurant years ago which was not a good experience. Using a Groupon coupon we tried our Ipanema and were very pleased. The Rodizio is all you can eat meats and the salad bar. You fill your plate with everything from mashed potatoes to salads, clams and cold cuts. Staff circulates to the tables with meats for you to chose.

The salad bar was excellent, however, I would have liked to know what some of the ingredients were in each offering. A simple sign defining the salads would have been helpful.

The meat was amazingly seasoned and so very moist. Thin slices were offered and you could consume as much as you wished. I would avoid bacon wrapped meats, somehow the bacon made the meat to be too dry or chewy.
Although I did notice families, I would consider other options in the Belltown area for children. This is a pricey menu, not sure the whole experience would be enjoyed by children.

Our waiter was Joel who taught us how to enjoy our meal. Remember "green means more meat, red means stop until I am ready for more." There is no view of the water, plenty of condos but no water which could be a disappointment for visiting Seattle guests. I did notice a round table for six enjoying a birthday celebration, booths along the wall, and window seats with very considerate pull down shades for the brighter days.

A great experience for enjoying food an entirely different way.!!