“First of many many more” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Restaurant Bea
Cuisines: American
sgtoca
“First of many many more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stumbled upon Restaurant Bea recently in Seattle when looking for up and coming restaurants reviewed in other sites. A quick cab ride from downtown Seattle (approx. $11) took us to this wonderful and quaint restaurant that has now made our list of must go places for every visit to Seattle or Bellevue. Restaurant Bea is located in the Madrona neighbourhood which we only discovered after making our way to the restaurant. The neighbourhood has cute cafes and privately owned businesses nestled in a residential area, how I wish I live in this hood! Now on to the food, we both loved loved what we ordered! As we had a late lunch at 2 we decided on a small appy and ordered the home made focaccia with house made ricotta cheese, ORDER THIS if you love to pamper your tongue and stomachs, it was seriously the best bread I've had in a long time and we left nothing in the cheese bowl. For entrees, we went for the scallops and pork crepinette. They were well portioned, extremely delicious and the pork crepinette has made my list of my favourite dishes of all time. Its basically pork shoulder cooked to utter tenderness and then regathered in a crepe or crepinette, my description and rave will not do it just justice. Try it and you can thank me later. The scallops on lentils was another hit. The scallops were a good size and pan seared to perfection and the combination with lentils not only enhanced the taste but made it a healthy dish as well. The host also graciously shared their carrot cake whoope pie with a few of us diners and OMG, ORDER THIS ALSO! We cannot wait to return to try all the other dishes. The host was gracious and checked on every table and the servers worked well as a team and were attentive without being intrusive at all. The room was quaint and it was cozy despite the chilly winds outside. We felt like we were dining at a close friend's house. The wine list was impressive and the prices of the entire menu was amazingly reasonable for the quality of food we had the luxury to partake. No visit to Seattle will be without a stop in here for us henceforth. I know this sounds like high praise but I tried to fault something with my experience and for once in my life of being a foodie, found none. Highly highly recommended! My pics were dark so it doesn't do the dishes justice but as a avid fan of dining out, trust me on this one if nothing else, its THAT good.

• Visited December 2012