Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing time learning making macaroons

Attended the macaroon baking class with my wife in a small 8 person group. Had a great time baking... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2020
tippuguru
Irvine, California
via mobile
Fun, informative, delicious!

Muriel is a lovely hostess, and wonderful instructor. My sister and I took the Macarons class... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2020
missydarlin
Seattle, Washington
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Seattle
from $20.00
from $98.29
from $55.39
from $72.65
More Info
All reviews macaron class french cooking recommend paris learn how wonderful instructor highly recommend this class classes muriel savory techniques fun shallots
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Muriel is an excellent teacher. I took her French macaron class at Harmons in Salt Lake City and had so much fun! We made 4 different types of macarons (2 sweet and 2 savory) and they turned out beautifully and deliciously. I've taken other Macaron classes and this one was the best. You're learning how to make French macarons from a true Frenchwoman. She was very thorough in her instructions so that we could avoid all the pitfalls of macaron making. She even took the time to guide our hands when piping the shells and walked us through the most tricky parts. She also provided us with a list of recipes so that we could go home and try other flavors on our own. Overall, it was very informative and enjoyable. I would take the class again from her again. She definitely knows what she's doing!

Date of experience: June 2017
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2017

Hiva, it has been really lovely to have you in my class this past Saturday. I hope we get a chance to bake again together.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I arranged for my team of 6 to have a private cooking class with Mme Foucher at her home. Myself and the team honestly could not express how much we enjoyed ourselves and the experience! Mme Foucher had so many great tips and tricks she shared with us during the process so not only did we make a delicious lunch, but we also learned about quality of ingredients, some unique French ingredients uncommon in the US, different methods of cooking and the process used with different types of cookware.
Mme Foucher herself was a wonderful host! Warm, friendly, conversational, courteous. I highly recommend her instruction, and can only imagine her other courses are just as great.
Merci Beaucoup Madame!

Date of experience: June 2017
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Thank you Julie for the kind words. It has really been a pleasure to host your team.
I am also happy we have been able to enjoy lunch on the deck...
With best regards, a bientot j'espere.
Muriel-Marguerite Foucher

Reviewed March 31, 2017

Absolutely, loved the class!! Muriel was so delightful as well as extremely knowledgeable. She truly engaged with all of the students and made us all feel like we could be expert bakers! Hands on and truly fun. Can't wait to take another class and to begin macaron baking on my own!!

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank LetsTravel803
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Thank you for the kind words and the lovely picture: your macarons look stunning in this lovely plate... See you soon. Muriel

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I purchased a cooking class and dinner for 8 at a silent auction. Muriel did such a wonderful job. It was so much fun, and everyone in the group had an amazing time. Muriel sat down and joined us for dinner. Bad part was was that we kept her for so much longer than expected. We were just having so much fun!!!

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Jenn2b
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Jennifer, It has been a real pleasure to teach you and your friends last Friday. Do not worry at all for the extra time, French people have a flexible definition of time and when food, wine and company are good we don't count :). I cannot wait to teach you guys how to make macarons now...

Reviewed February 12, 2017

It was absolutely awesome experience for kids. We have twins and it was two classes at the same time: boys cooked chicken while girls made desserts. Kids liked this a lot! Muriel kept them very engaged; food was delicious - kids ate everything they cooked, nothing left!
Muriel brought all ingredients and all needed tools, which was very convenient. I highly recommend it for kids and for adults. A lot of fun! Muriel, thanks a lot for the very nice evening you made for all of us.

Date of experience: February 2017
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Hello Tanya,
It has been a pleasure to teach Neta and Daniel's birthday class. I was glad to Neta asking you to make those recipes again because she loved them.
Until next time...