“Technique and Finesse”
Review of Paris Eastside

Paris Eastside
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us to learn how to cook the bounties of the Pacific Northwest... The French way. Muriel-Marguerite, founder and owner of a renowned Paris cooking school for 10 years will be your host and teacher for a fun and hands-on cooking class, alone or with friends, family or teammates... Classes are taught at Seattle Pike place market, in downtown Bellevue or at private locations.
Reviewed July 11, 2017

As a "serious amateur" and pastry enthusiast, I thoroughly enjoyed Muriel's instruction in her macaron class. Her clear description of overall technique as well as her hands-on guidance in the handling of this temperamental treat were of such a help. The class will definitely accelerate my pastry capabilities and I look forward to taking another class from Muriel in the future!

MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you for the appreciative comment. It is my pleasure to try to demystify the macarons making process and I am happy if this is how you perceived my way of teaching. Looking forward to the pleasure of baking with you again. Muriel

All reviews
in 55 reviews
"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Muriel is an excellent teacher. I took her French macaron class at Harmons in Salt Lake City and had so much fun! We made 4 different types of macarons (2 sweet and 2 savory) and they turned out beautifully and deliciously. I've taken other Macaron classes and this one was the best. You're learning how to make French macarons from a true Frenchwoman. She was very thorough in her instructions so that we could avoid all the pitfalls of macaron making. She even took the time to guide our hands when piping the shells and walked us through the most tricky parts. She also provided us with a list of recipes so that we could go home and try other flavors on our own. Overall, it was very informative and enjoyable. I would take the class again from her again. She definitely knows what she's doing!

MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2017

Hiva, it has been really lovely to have you in my class this past Saturday. I hope we get a chance to bake again together.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

I arranged for my team of 6 to have a private cooking class with Mme Foucher at her home. Myself and the team honestly could not express how much we enjoyed ourselves and the experience! Mme Foucher had so many great tips and tricks she shared with us during the process so not only did we make a delicious lunch, but we also learned about quality of ingredients, some unique French ingredients uncommon in the US, different methods of cooking and the process used with different types of cookware.
Mme Foucher herself was a wonderful host! Warm, friendly, conversational, courteous. I highly recommend her instruction, and can only imagine her other courses are just as great.
Merci Beaucoup Madame!

MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Thank you Julie for the kind words. It has really been a pleasure to host your team.
I am also happy we have been able to enjoy lunch on the deck...
With best regards, a bientot j'espere.
Muriel-Marguerite Foucher

Reviewed March 31, 2017

Absolutely, loved the class!! Muriel was so delightful as well as extremely knowledgeable. She truly engaged with all of the students and made us all feel like we could be expert bakers! Hands on and truly fun. Can't wait to take another class and to begin macaron baking on my own!!

1  Thank LetsTravel803
MMFoucher, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Thank you for the kind words and the lovely picture: your macarons look stunning in this lovely plate... See you soon. Muriel