“Just Desserts :)”
Review of Paris Eastside

Paris Eastside
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us to learn how to cook the bounties of the Pacific Northwest... The French way. Muriel-Marguerite, founder and owner of a renowned Paris cooking school for 10 years will be your host and teacher for a fun and hands-on cooking class, alone or with friends, family or teammates... Classes are taught at Seattle Pike place market, in downtown Bellevue or at private locations.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I took a desserts course from Muriel and would totally recommend it! The class totally helped bump up my (former professional) kitchen game; Muriel is a wonderful instructor and creates a warm friendly environment for experienced and debutants alike. She also has a Paris box subscription that I emphatically recommend, it is chock-full of goodies from France and a nifty kitchen gadget every month :)

All reviews
"savory"
in 7 reviews
"buttercream"

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I signed up for a macaron class because I tried all the top notch macaron shops in US and in France yet never attempted to make one! Muriel was very accomodating as I called to make reservations (their class was listed full/closed on line!). Muriel did a wonderful job of making every procedure very simple to understand. We realized how there are various rules to follow to get a perfect fool proof macaron shells.

Though the some colors of our macarons were little too bright (like the hot pink one) we knew we can easily substitute for a different colors when we are making it at home so that was okay.
Over all, instruction, customer service and the complementary wine&champange we tasted with our macaron was all excellent! Only downer was the fillings of our macarons. The ganach (too dense and thick) and french cream were too sweet. Even for an avid macaron eater who finishes a dozen in one setting couldn't finish a single whole macaron! (Only thing I was able to finish was the roquefort macaron which I've never tasted in any macaron place-it was a pleasant surprise!) I know that sweetness shouldnt overpower the macaron but it did... Then why am I giving four stars? For the chic cute shop, great instructions and the fun experience of making perfectly shaped macarons.

suresnes, Owner at Paris Eastside, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear Eunice, Thank you for your comments about the macarons class you took last month.
I just want to stress out 2 things:
- the sugar content of the filling (French buttercream) is 2 table spoons for 20 macarons... not that much when you think about it...
- as explained at the end of the class, the texture of the buttercream can really be appreciated once the macarons have been refrigerated a little... At the end of the class they are not set yet as we just made the buttercream and just piped it.
It was a pleasure to have you and your niece in class.
Best
Muriel-Marguerite

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I signed up for a macaron class because I've always wanted to learn how to make them. Muriel was such an amazing instructor, showed us the right way to make macarons and, almost as important, the tips to avoid the failures. She was funny, delightful, incredibly knowledgeable and the class was a pure joy! I want to go back for other classes and bring friends!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I always heard that Macarons where difficult to make! Muriel made it very easy! I had a blast that Saturday morning learning to make Lavender, Coconut/Chocolate and Roquefort Macarons. Yes, Roquefort Macarons for a salty appetizer! Greatest idea ever and delicious!
Generous, fun, informative, Muriel spend 3 hours with us teaching us her secret on how to make perfect Macarons. The private class of 6 is small enough to create a nice atmosphere and allow us to bond with our colleagues for the day. Team work was rewarded at the end of the day with the sharing of a nice bottle of wine sharing the "fruits" of our labor!

1  Thank Yann D