“Delicious Middle Eastern food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mamnoon

Mamnoon
Ranked #131 of 4,062 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Middle Eastern food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

It's not cheap, but the food is delicious! I went there with 2 friends on a Friday night, and we sat in the lounge for dinner. I loved every dish we tried - the bataresh (which they brought with lamb on the side for my non-lamb eating friend), fried cauliflower, and pulled lamb for my entree. They have an extensive and delicious cocktail menu too, which you should definitely try. Our waiter was attentive, but the service isn't great because the waiter doesn't actually bring your food (or maybe that's because we sat in the lounge). I ordered a 2nd cocktail, which never arrived. And it took a while for our food to come. They have a takeout window too.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Singapore
“Refined middle eastern dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have had my fair share of middle eastern cuisine and was very impressed with the food here. I managed to try 70% of the menu as we came in a large group. Despite trying a bit of everything, my tastebuds were not overwhelmed as the use of spices was nuanced and brought out the flavour of each dish rather than overwhelm it. Standout for me was the roasted caulifower.

Decor is modern with a touch of ethnic finishes. Place attracts a rather trendy crowd.

Visited January 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went there on recommendation and were not disappointed. Great middle-eastern food, fantastic atmosphere and - important - not too noisy for a busy joint like that.

Visited January 2014
Kirkland, Washington
“Gourmet Middle Eastern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

After reading a review in Seattle Met Magazine we wife and I decided to invite another couple to join us for dinner at this Melrose Avenue restaurant. The notion of enjoying both Lebanese and Syrian food sounded interesting and appealing. We were not disappointed.

The food was unique and quite original. We were especially impressed with the unique blend of flavors and combination of ingredients. As a starter, all four of us shared a plate of Muhammara, a blend of walnuts, pepper paste, pomegranate and cumin. I ordered the tenderloin kebab for my dinner and my wife had the braised lamb shank with quince. Truly excellent. Our friends ordered the sayadieh oven-roasted halibut which they raved about. The service was gracious, attentive and low-keyed. Overall, I believe this is a fine place to entertain friends with fine dining and would definitely return in the future.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tacoma, Washington
“Seattle Met (magazine) Selects Mamnoon Best New Seattle Restaurant 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I thought Middle-Eastern quisine would be too heavily spiced and kind of heavy. WRONG!! Four of us decided to address our curiousity and had dinner at new Mamnoon in Seattle on Capitol Hill. We started with bread with olive oil and unique herbs, shared a wonderful cold appetizer, three different really good warm appetizers, a delicate, fantastic salad with champagne vinegar, grape seed oil, mint, and sumac (!), two different main courses with three small different sides, and four different desserts which we passed around. 15 different "courses" overall. Every single one of them was delicious, none was overbearing, several were far more light and subtle (bordering on spectacular) than you might imagine when reading the menu. Will be going back to this place, no doubt about it. For a great introductory experience to Middle Eastern quisine, this was perfect.

• Visited December 2013